FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried these?

unplugged

Has anyone tried these?

I saw these LC filters at DPCAV and was thinking about trying them on my TL50.
    Do they work any better or are they any lighter than building Sanders LC filter?
    Has anyone tried these guys compared to the IVC ones?
    Thanks for the info??

http://http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16497&cat=0&page=1
    Last edited by Danub; 4th July 2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: im an idiot

I use these. Does a great job imho. Not sure if they are lighter than building your own, but it's a decent price if you're too busy to build your own.

unplugged
    Well i got a few on the way and I will let y'all know how they work out for me. 8grams is super light for the lighter builds.

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar

DPCav's filter works great on my Y6. I haven't tried sanders filter yet but it has the advantage of being a hell of a lot cheaper.

unplugged
    Thanks Volto.
    I got sanders filters on my Zephyr and they work great but I would guess they weigh like 15-20 grams each, I just thought i'd try the DPC ones (8grams) on this TL50 that I am trying to get finished, space and weight are at a premium as I am trying to get 120-140mph WOT out of her. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know what I think.

It's a lot cheaper just to get your own capacitor and inductor and solder up your own filter. The dpcav filter requires soldering anyway, so you might as well take it one step further since the soldering iron is already hot.

unplugged
    Yes it is but my Zephyr Required 3 of these to suppress all of my esc noise. So I figured I would ask about/try these for my TL50 build. There is a lot less space on the TL50 than the Zeph. I was also wondering if they work "better" than the ones that I made. In a week or 2 when this build is complete. *Hoping/Dreaming for my 4 pack of dragon link RX*

unplugged
    Well After a bit of playing with these I find that they are a little bit better than the ones that I have made (sanders lc filter), but probably not worth the cost vs going to the radioshack and making your own. I guess if money is no object than these are better but in the future I will go back to making my own. If i get a chance i will try to put up a comparison video in a couple of days.

If you have dead power supplies laying around like I do (I repair computers on the side) then you can just desolder several different kinds of inductors and capacitors and experiment until you find one that solves your specific noise problem. The advantage of that is the inductor will already be wrapped for you, and usually will have several conductors going through them with lots of wraps (like 20), not just 5 or 6. The downside is usually the electrolytic caps will be worn out and possibly have a high ESR (equivalent series resistance) so it is handy to have an ESR meter to test the caps. Or just avoid the ones that are bulging or leaking electrolyte - brown fizzy stuff. May be worth it just to buy new caps, they are cheaper than the inductors anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast