FPVLAB

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SKYHUNTER - New 1.8m twintail FPV EPO platform

Forum Member
    Thanks!

I'll be in touch when i'm ready to order up that Condor.

Cheers.
    [SIZE=3][URL="https://shop.spreadshirt.com/CSFPV/"]FPV Inspired T-Shirts![/URL][/SIZE]

Forum Member
    what i LoL about is
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhunter_1;
    Flying skyhunter like flying a big F3A plane
    im the first person to admit bigger ALWAYS flys better, but even with a language barrier you'd have to be a dumbass to say that. there are designs half the size, weight and 40+ years old that fly better than that.

based on all the videos i've seen of it:
    it has no large improvement in yaw/roll coupling than a traditional pod & boom layout (easy*/skywalker types)
    it has speed/pitch thrust/pitch coupling. (looks like it goes up like a dorky .40/60 sized trainer lol)
    lacks yaw control, which makes it ??? VS just buying a flying wing (and im not the biggest flying wing fan, tho i own several)

i wouldn't make fun of anyone buying this. "To each, his own" in full force. whatever tugs someone's fancy. on the flip side i don't understand why anyone would buy it? someone explain it to me? it's bigger and doesn't fix any problems any of the other airframes have.

IDK im just perplexied by it. it's always bandwagon basic airframes to sell and noone has ever put any thought into it. why not instead of copy/pasting from the airframe picture-book trying to get to the market as fast as possible; spend some time refining something? you could greatly reduce / fix practically every issue all the popular airframe styles have. even this one. but they'll never do it lol
    so what's the draw to this? just a high battery payload for folks that dont want a large flying wing?

Forum Member
    I didn't know anything about that plane until you mentioned its the so-called-flaws'.....
    I got it for free, so thats the only reason I fly it....Max at FPVmodels sent me one:-)

Basically, I fly the SkyHunter because my SkyWalker tail boom was flimsy (wobbling like madd).

This is just another plane, something I never had before. I like it!

To each his own

p.s.
    I'm awaiting my next planes: TechPod and RangeVideo Flying Wing
    "On My best behavior, or I'll get Banned".....
    .....I love Sports' and Vacations,....
    Whos' more Athletic? NHL players or Football/Basketball Skills' Players?

"...I break regulations because I'm good and it's ok for me...":o

Forum Member
    I have my SH sitting in the garage still in the box. Now that I've sorted out the issue that was causing me problem with the other ones I'm pretty sure this one will be a hoot. I'd love to see rudders on the plane but the designer of the plane is to married to his own design to change it. I'd also like to see an inverted V tail on it. If I had another fuse I could recycle the wings from my previous crashed and destroyed plane.

I've grown sick of the other thread on the other forum so I'll just publish new info into this thread..

Forum Member
    I've grown sick of the other thread on the other forum so I'll just publish new info into this thread

+1
    "On My best behavior, or I'll get Banned".....
    .....I love Sports' and Vacations,....
    Whos' more Athletic? NHL players or Football/Basketball Skills' Players?

"...I break regulations because I'm good and it's ok for me...":o

I've finally started building mine... So far I've found that Ian's note on RCGroups about CA not sticking to the gray foam to be 100% accurate! I tried it on a scrap piece just to see, and it peels right apart. Sanding it first makes for a nice strong joint however.

I've just assembled the airframe and fit my Skywalker pod into the lower part of the Skyhunter's foam canopy. I like the pan/tilt setup I have on the SW and wanted to share it between both planes, and not have to buy a second setup. A little trimming and it fits like a glove! I'll glue a plate with a nut inside the fuselage and use a long screw to secure the front of both the pod and the foam canopy.

I'll post more when I can work on it again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter1.jpg 
Views:	1229 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	20060

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter2.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	20059
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Forum Member

Re: SKYHUNTER - New 1.8m twintail FPV EPO platform

Looks good. I like how u did that with the P&T. I'll assemble mine this weekend. I think I'm going to take Ian's suggestions and Kevlar it up. I went ahead and bought the body pan anyways. Figured that prevent even more scratches.

I'm surprised you guys were having trouble with CA. Mine stuck without a problem.

If it matters, I tried Parafix and BSI brands, both with Parafix kicker.

I'm not sure what I'll do to protect the bottom yet. I was going to put some laminate like I did my Skywalker, that's holding up great! I don't have a big enough scrap piece though. I may just get a belly pan from Cambria Hobby... Not sure I want to try the Kevlar just yet...
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Did a little bit more work tonight... I got the firewall glued on and motor mounted... Instead of the included self tapping screws to screw the motor mount to the wood, I went with some M3 blind nuts on the backside of the wood plate before gluing it on. Feels a lot more secure to me this way! lol All the screws are done up with blue Loc-Tite, shouldn't fall off or anything, and be easy enough to swap a motor if I ever need to! More to come later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter3.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	20073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter4.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	20072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter5.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	20071  
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Canopy mount...

As I said before I wanted a secure way to hold both the foam canopy and the wooden Skywalker pod that will sit on top. The foam keys into the fuse in the back, and the SW pod is nested nicely into the rear of the foam canopy. The single screw in the front threaded into the blind nut locks them both down very well! The nut is held in place by the little plywood plate with is glue into the fuselage, shouldn't go anywhere! I can still use the foam canopy without the Skywalker pod if I ever want to as well, the same screw will hold it in place, I would glue a little plate on top to spread the load, act as a washer if you will...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter6.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	20105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter7.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	20106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter8.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	20107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter9.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	20108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyhunter10.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	20109  
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast