FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skylark OSD questions - HELP!

Can it be done cheaper?

Skylark OSD questions - HELP!

GRRRR..

#1 - Anyone get the configuration software working on Win7 x64? Getting tired of bugging my neighbour to use his XP machine to program this thing.

#2 - why 2 reset buttons? does one do something different than the other?

#3 - is there a comprehensive manual for this thing?

Thanks!

Navigator
    #1 - No. Win7 serial-to-USB driver is poo. I'm in the same boat. Gotta take the little booger to work with me if I want to change anything.

#2 - Never had need of the second. Not sure what it does because mine's buried under the heatshrink.

#3 - Not that I've seen though it wouldn't be much of a manual in any case. There's not a lot of bells and whistles to decipher.

kendall

1) I cant get mine to work ov Vista either even with drivers that are suppose to work with Vista. Had to borrow an XP laptop.

2) the reset button that you will be using is on the same side as the GPS and current sensor plugs and is not covered with heat shrink.

3) got any specific questions? Just to share some things you may not know, if you power up the OSD without a video signal, when you add a video signal your numbers will be half off the screen and look weird, just push reset. If you attach the current sensor after the OSD is powered up and you get a wierd current reading like 13A draw when nothing running, just push the reset button. Pretty much if all else fails, press the reset button lol

To calibrate RSSI turn the Tx and RX on. Press start on the Skylark software on the calibration screen, turn off tx, turn back on tx, press stop on Skylark software.

Thats about all there is to it. If its your first OSD or first current sensor, be sure to read this thread:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....m-ground-loops

Pilot

Skylark Tiny OSD

1. Please try to install the USB-to-Serial driver on Win7 x64, before run the configuration software.
    http://www.skylarkfpv.com/download/P...rInstaller.zip

2. One is reset button, the other only work in factory mode.
    The first download firmware to OSD chip, the worker need to press both OSD buttons.

3. Skylark Tiny OSD Upgrade Introduction
    http://www.skylarkfpv.com/intl/en-us/tiny_upgrade.html
    How to calibrate the RSSI voltage
    http://www.skylarkfpv.com/intl/en-us/tiny_rssi.html

Can it be done cheaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    if you power up the OSD without a video signal, when you add a video signal your numbers will be half off the screen and look weird, just push reset. If you attach the current sensor after the OSD is powered up and you get a wierd current reading like 13A draw when nothing running, just push the reset button. Pretty much if all else fails, press the reset button lol
    LOL... OK that would explain the text numbers half off the screen! That was driving me crazy last time out! Note to self..."before flight, just press reset since it "fixes" everything"

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    To calibrate RSSI turn the Tx and RX on. Press start on the Skylark software on the calibration screen, turn off tx, turn back on tx, press stop on Skylark software.
    Hmm, I think I got it. So I either need the plane close to my computer (which won't run the software) or remove the RX and OSD and hook it up by the computer (which won't run the software) or just go begging to my neighbour with a pile of my gear and some beer?

Edit: doesn't matter...my receiver does not have an RSSI port/pin/connector.
    Last edited by Clipper99; 7th July 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Can it be done cheaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    1. Please try to install the USB-to-Serial driver on Win7 x64, before run the configuration software.
    http://www.skylarkfpv.com/download/P...rInstaller.zip
    Been there, done that. From what I've been reading most of us have. Have you actually had this run successfully under Windows 7 x64?

thank you

Banned

Update Software question

Hello Skylark,

Will you be providing proper update driver software for Vista and Windows 7? As you can see from the posts, your current software only seems to work with XP. This is keeping many of us from considering your product.

Kind regards,

cliff

Can it be done cheaper?
    Skylark REALLY needs to up front about this on their web site. You shouldn't have to find out after the fact that the only way for you to change settings or upgrade firmware is to use a discontinued OS. I understand NOW that it is a driver issue but Skylark has chosen to go this route with their USB cable. The only thing USB about it is that it plugs into the port but relies on buggy serial conversion drivers.

Navigator
    Skylark:

Do you have another distributor in the US besides readymaderc.com? I need a new current sensor to go with my Trace III OSD. Readymaderc.com carries the current sensor, but they have been out of stock of the current sensor for some time now.

I'll have to double check, but i am pretty sure my laptop is win7 x64 and it runs the skylark software just fine.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast