ReadyMadeRC!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2.3 Ghz 700mw Video Transmitter

Navigator
    How is the audio quality on this VTX for use with MFD AAT ?

Has anyone taken this out of the case and applied another heat sink to it? That case is big and heavy and their isn't a lot of contact between the case and the VTX so I was thinking about doing this and using some Artic Silver Thermal Epoxy for the glue.

I have three of the 2.3 VTxs and Have taken all of them out of the case and put on a heat sink. I haven't noticed any ill effects from this.

Instructor Pilot
    I've been running one out of the case embedded flush on a Swift II. Just a strip of tape over the SMA connector and a strip over the bottom, leaving the rest of the metal surface exposed to the airflow. No problem, comes back down no warmer than ambient.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I'm scared to try taking it out of the case. RiteWing took three out of their cases and all of them burned up before they were able to launch their planes.
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Co-Pilot
    Has anyone succesfully used one of these or even the 400mw version with a tracker? I didnt get good enough audio on 2 different sytems with the ones I had to work.I would really love to be able to play with 2305 and 2396.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    I'm scared to try taking it out of the case. RiteWing took three out of their cases and all of them burned up before they were able to launch their planes.
    Zero for Three? That sounds suspicious. Like maybe they were using a connector wired for the Hobbyking or maybe even Lawmate transmitters, which means they got zapped.

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    I use the case that the video transmitter comes with to fabricate a heat sink. I then thermal epoxy it to the back of the transmitter.

Alternatively, you can pick up one of these in your next RMRC order, do yourself a favor and ditch the backing that it comes with and use some thermal epoxy to affix it to the VTx after roughing up the surfaces with some sand paper.

I agree with viper522, three in a row sounds like something else may have been the root cause.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Navigator
    It would just be a limiting factor for info coming in. That said. We're talking about a ghz here....like a billion wavelengths/s. Like a billion bytes per second. My internet provider isn't that fast. 😀