ReadyMadeRC!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.3 Ghz 700mw Video Transmitter

Navigator
    ya, that lawmate 500mw is always out of stock and now forever out of stock w/ my favorite vendor.. I will be getting this or one of hte other versions next time!

I did end up buying this which I wish I hadn't http://fpvhobby.com/transmitter/12-2...ansmitter.html

Now that I am in store for a receiver do you think this would be a good choice vs the 2.4 lawmate RX? Looks like it has all the channels the fpvhobby vtx runs.. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1109

Navigator
    Hi Guys
    I have sorted the issues I had with my 2.3 700mw Tx and 12 channel I bought from RMRC, the issues were all my problem, I was testing with some old li-po's, even though the volts were reading ok they were not supplying enough current! So I have learnt something there! guess who feels like a dick!
    So now they are running on good batts, with Alex's 2.3 antennas.
    The picture is the best I have seen, I have a 900mhz-500mw and a 1.3ghz-2.5w, and of the three this has a fantastic picture, I am impressed, I am not seeing any interferance with uhf, have not tested audio yet, will this weekend.
    Thanks for mentioning that your 2.3 antennas are good for both channels Alex, I was looking for an answer to that, posted the question, but had not got a reply.
    Alex, you said for close in they are to powerful for you, what problems show up?? I ask for my referance, or is it a power consumtion thing?
    Neal.

Pilot
    the picture's no bad, but indeed, a 400mW with more filtering or so would be better suited "for most". in fact, it could quickly become a reference and then we'll have a channel problem during meetings

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    My issues in close are that they are too loud on my friend's channel so he gets some distortion when I land right next to him while he's in the air. We both put notch filters on our receivers and it fixed the problem.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookyjuice View Post
    I just got one a week ago, along with the 2.3 ghz 12-channel receiver. I couldn't get the signal to come in clearly ( it was showing up as B/W with much static and an inverted color feel) at point blank range. I tried opening up the TX and adjusting the fine tuner, but no dice. I then ended up reversing the polarity, and it's locked up now - won't switch channels, just shows an "8". I ended up successfully getting my IMRC 500mw 2.4 working again, but the new RX I bought won't bring the IMRC TX in clearly on any channel (it works great with my lawmate RX). So I probably ended up frying my new 700mw TX when it was probably the RX that was bad. An expensive lesson for me, I'd love to hear from someone who has this combo working.
    I now realize that I was giving the Tx that I burned out 16V+ straight from the main lipos. I'd just removed my flaky IMRC 2.4 500mW TX, and managed to forget that it has a linear voltage regulator built-in. When I switched back to that IMRC 2.4 Tx against my better judgement, I had a Vid blackout which led to a very temporarily lost plane and a crash, followed by discovering I'd toasted my motor and blown all the caps on my ESC, probably from "prop-crawling". So I won't be flying for a sec.
    On The bright side, I received the replacement 2.3Ghz very quickly from RMRC, connected it (correctly) and the picture looks great! very solid signal, no complaints at all. Can't wait to put it through the paces in the air!
    Last edited by Pookyjuice; 11th November 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Navigator
    Two questions. The 700mW TX looks big, can the case be removed to lighten it up for swift 2 or quad? Second, I'm flying 1.3ghz now for video and 2.4ghz for RC radio. I plan to purchase EZUHF for Christmas (thanks honey!), how far will the 2.3ghz TX let me fly 2.4ghz radio until then? I know there are many variables, but I currently stay within 1/4-1/2 mile, will I still be safe in that range?

Question 1: Don't take it out of the case it gets too hot.

Question 2: The 2.3 vtx and 2.4 rc won't play well together. They are too close.
    Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
    I keep thinking I should give up crashing too ... I guess it is an addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDave
    Who sliced open that tauntaun?
    Me----"This is a results may vary type of hobby, get used to it."

Video Aerial Systems Operations Manager

Navigator
    I could be wrong, but I think I read that if you are useing the lower of the 2 vid channels 2.4 for control should be ok, Cant remember exactly where, I think from Tim at RMRC.
    But check that out.
    Neal

I have been doing the Beta testing on them. DO NOT RUN with 2.4GHz control 2305 or 2396 it does not matter. I ground tested the units to 2.4 lockout and it was only about 150feet. I guess technically speaking that would fit in the realm of good based on the manufacturer's specs but I wouldn't trust it. Plus the 2.4 will show up in your video as lines similar to wifi interference. The thinking was it should work fine but the reality doesn't agree.

Here is a video I did with 2.4 in proximity to the 2.3 vrx set to 2305.

Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
    I keep thinking I should give up crashing too ... I guess it is an addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDave
    Who sliced open that tauntaun?
    Me----"This is a results may vary type of hobby, get used to it."

Video Aerial Systems Operations Manager

Navigator
    Nice test, it is guys testing, that help everyone else out, thanks.
    Just thinking aloud, I would the 2.3 vid Tx signal, would be affecting the 2.4 control on the plane.
    As if g/s antennas are seperated you can fly reasonably ok, curious how 2.3 and 2.4 interacts onboard plane as well, which is what I would be interested to know as well, as a range issue.
    Neal