ReadyMadeRC!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: 2.3 Ghz 700mw Video Transmitter

  1. #1
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    421

    2.3 Ghz 700mw Video Transmitter

    How is this transmitter? Anyone have it?

    I am noticing my 1.3ghz fox 800 w/ lawmate rx does not have good audio, getting about 50% signal on ezosd telemetry...

    I know a would get nice quality audio and video on a lawmate 500mw.. I am wondering how the picture and sound quality of this compare to 1.3ghz systems... with my main concern being that the telemetry data is well with a decent video signal.

    It is enticing to go with a frequency unlikely to be stepped on. I'm assuming the whip doesn't work very well @ < 2.3ghz frequency which makes it hard to setup for long range, especially if standard 2.4ghz yagis don't work very well on that frequency... circularly polarized is just too much money for me... unless they are more durable than I am thinking.. I don't want to break a 35$ antenna by clipping a tree on a bad landing that breaks nothing else.

  2. #2
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    275
    I just got one a week ago, along with the 2.3 ghz 12-channel receiver. I couldn't get the signal to come in clearly ( it was showing up as B/W with much static and an inverted color feel) at point blank range. I tried opening up the TX and adjusting the fine tuner, but no dice. I then ended up reversing the polarity, and it's locked up now - won't switch channels, just shows an "8". I ended up successfully getting my IMRC 500mw 2.4 working again, but the new RX I bought won't bring the IMRC TX in clearly on any channel (it works great with my lawmate RX). So I probably ended up frying my new 700mw TX when it was probably the RX that was bad. An expensive lesson for me, I'd love to hear from someone who has this combo working.

  3. #3
    Navigator wpz2260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marshall, North Carolina
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookyjuice View Post
    I just got one a week ago, along with the 2.3 ghz 12-channel receiver. I couldn't get the signal to come in clearly ( it was showing up as B/W with much static and an inverted color feel) at point blank range. I tried opening up the TX and adjusting the fine tuner, but no dice. I then ended up reversing the polarity, and it's locked up now - won't switch channels, just shows an "8". I ended up successfully getting my IMRC 500mw 2.4 working again, but the new RX I bought won't bring the IMRC TX in clearly on any channel (it works great with my lawmate RX). So I probably ended up frying my new 700mw TX when it was probably the RX that was bad. An expensive lesson for me, I'd love to hear from someone who has this combo working.
    Hit up IBCrazy, from what I've read thats all he flys with now. And when I get the money Im ordering that tx and rx as well.
    "In this business, when your inverted, down is up, and up is EXPENSIVE"

  4. #4
    Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Amherst, VA
    Posts
    7,352
    I use this exclusvely right now on 2305MHz. I have a new 400mW prototype and a 200mW prototype that I will be changing to in the near future as the 700mW is too powerful for the near flying I typically do. The true power output of the 700mW is actually about 940mW. You cannot remove it from its case or it will burn up. MASHTON has a 400mW prototype and DerekS will have one in a few days. They are going to be testing these as well.

    The performance is very good compared to many other systems I have used. The receivers have a special filter inside them that helps with UHF interference for those using UHF for control. This filter was actually pioneered by H0tr0d, not me.

    For 2305, I recommend using 2.3GHz specific antennas. For 2396, use either 2.3 or 2.4GHz. Both work well.

    2.4GHz for control ONLY works with 2305MHz and a notch filter. This reduces range to ~50% due to frequency proximity, however it still exceeds the capability of 2.4GHz control. There are no issues with 72 or 35MHz control.

    Here is a video of a 1/4 mile tree corridor run with the 2.3GHz system:



    What I saw was this:



    -Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

    videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

  5. #5
    Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Amherst, VA
    Posts
    7,352
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_patso View Post
    It is enticing to go with a frequency unlikely to be stepped on. I'm assuming the whip doesn't work very well @ < 2.3ghz frequency which makes it hard to setup for long range, especially if standard 2.4ghz yagis don't work very well on that frequency... circularly polarized is just too much money for me... unless they are more durable than I am thinking.. I don't want to break a 35$ antenna by clipping a tree on a bad landing that breaks nothing else.
    My early units were a bit weak. My new ones do not break easily. Check my videos. I have *never* broken an antenna! Although I have deformed the crap out of them

    -Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

    videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

  6. #6
    KK4IRW MASHTON1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madison Heights, VA
    Posts
    2,101
    I have a few videos I can upload to show with the 700mW unit using Cloverleaf and helical or Crosshair. Don't know about the audio though because I don't run it.

    SPW/CL combo


    Helical/CL


    Keep in mind my camera had some issues and doesn't do all that great in low light. Also the BEVRC DVR I use IMO doesn't do a good job then the editing software hits the quality and then the upload hits it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
    I keep thinking I should give up crashing too ... I guess it is an addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDave
    Who sliced open that tauntaun?
    Me----"This is a results may vary type of hobby, get used to it."

    Video Aerial Systems Operations Manager

  7. #7
    Pat h0tr0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brenham, Tx.
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    The receivers have a special filter inside them that helps with UHF interference for those using UHF for control. This filter was actually pioneered by H0tr0d, not me.

    Just thought I'd chime in and give the credit to Tim @ RMRC, it was his idea. I'll have to give this frequency a try when I get another job and start gearing up again. The upper 13cm band is just flooded in my little town. Btw...I'm going to get a package sent to you today Alex now that I'm thinking about it.

    -Pat

  8. #8
    "The Gauntlet FPV"

    That is awesome...

  9. #9
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    QLD AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    184
    Hi guys, I am having a very frustrating time with this usit at present, please dont think it is not good, just that I am having probs at the moment and after your thoughts/ help please.
    I bought the 700mw 2.3 a couple of months ago, possible reverse polarity issue, not sure.
    Anyway the new unit I have recieved a couple of weeks ago, finally have time today to start testing before fitting to another fpv plane thats in the build.
    I fitted IB CRAZY 2.3 cloverleaf, will this antenna be OK for both frequencies?
    But the problem I have is when it powers up,all looks fine bright channel readout, will change between the two channels no worries, but when it powers up I get a good picture for about 3-4 seconds but then over about 3-5 seconds it starts to go to static until it is total sstatic, I can reproduce this again and again, it is like it is just loosing power! The display stays bright, I thought it may not be getting enough power from another flight battery I was useing, so with multimeter connected it is showing 11.50 to 11.51 constant, I have not put reverse polarity to this unit, I have been anal! As do not have a power meter to check it, but it is like it starting ok then loosing power, I am getting really ticked as shipping alone is starting to annoy! And I would like to get some where with this build!
    Any ideas??
    Neal

  10. #10
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    I use this exclusvely right now on 2305MHz. I have a new 400mW prototype and a 200mW prototype that I will be changing to in the near future as the 700mW is too powerful for the near flying I typically do. The true power output of the 700mW is actually about 940mW. You cannot remove it from its case or it will burn up. MASHTON has a 400mW prototype and DerekS will have one in a few days. They are going to be testing these as well.

    The performance is very good compared to many other systems I have used. The receivers have a special filter inside them that helps with UHF interference for those using UHF for control. This filter was actually pioneered by H0tr0d, not me.

    -Alex
    Oh - wondering, are these units going to be available in the RMRC store? I just pulled the trigger on another "700"mW unit to replace the one I reversed the polarity on. I'm going to try to go with 2.3ghz, as I can't find a decent 2.4 TX anymore to save my life...

Similar Threads

  1. No video from transmitter
    By Scottyxc in forum ImmersionRC
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20th August 2012, 04:52 PM
  2. BOB-700Mw Vtx died
    By blackley2 in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th February 2012, 10:04 AM
  3. ?5volt 1.2/1.3 Video Transmitter Legal for USA
    By Danub in forum IFR - Video Link Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th July 2011, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •