FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAVEN UAV

Are you for real??

Navigator
    i just find the Raven on the google picture and find the Raven is a very cool UAV.so i just want to learn more about it.in general,there are very few girl like this model plane.but i like it.i wish i wasn't the only girl on this lab

Navigator
    sophie is my name,is it very strange or uncommon to see a girl like model plane?

you do know they are $300000 each right?
    http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...A243492&page=4

here is one thats maybe more reasonable
    http://www.nitroplanes.com/projet-003-rq11.html

but i mean go for it... get one of the proper ones for your first FPV plane... just make sure to post you maiden flight footage, I mean it goes so well for everyone that gets a Zii as their first plane I cant see anything going wrong here lol

Quote Originally Posted by i love flying View Post
    sophie is my name,is it very strange or uncommon to see a girl like model plane?
    It is, here's to hoping you're not trying to play with our minds.

Where in China are you from? I have a very good friend from Shenzhen.

The Raven is more of a military plane than a model plane, which means it costs ridiculous amounts of money. Its basically a very high quality1.4m FPV plane with a range of a mere 10km.

Copied from the Wikipedia page.
    The AeroVironment RQ-11 Raven is a small hand-launched remote-controlled unmanned aerial vehicle (or SUAV) developed for the U.S. military, but now adopted by the military forces of many other countries.
    The RQ-11 Raven was originally introduced as the FQM-151 in 1999, but in 2002 developed into its current form.[2] The craft is launched by hand and powered by an electric motor. The plane can fly up to 6.2 miles (10.0 km) at altitudes of appx 500 feet (150 m) above ground level (AGL), and over 15,000 feet (4,600 m) above mean sea level (MSL), at flying speeds of 28-60 mph (4597 km/h).[3]

Design and development

The Raven RQ-11B UAV system is manufactured by AeroVironment. It was the winner of the US Army's SUAV program in 2005, and went into Full-Rate Production (FRP) in 2006. Shortly afterwards, it was also adopted by USSOCOM, the US Marines, and the US Air Force for their ongoing FPASS Program. It has also been adopted by the military forces of many other countries (see below). More than 19,000 Raven airframes have been delivered to customers worldwide to date. A new Digital Data Link-enabled version of Raven now in production for US Forces and allies has improved endurance, among many other improvements.
    The Raven can be either remotely controlled from the ground station or fly completely autonomous missions using GPS waypoint navigation. The UAV can be ordered to immediately return to its launch point simply by pressing a single command button.[1] Standard mission payloads include CCD color video cameras and an infrared night vision camera.
    The RQ-11B Raven UAV weighs about 1.9 kg (4.2 lb), has a flight endurance of 6090 minutes and an effective operational radius of approximately 10 km (6.2 miles).[4]
    The RQ-11B Raven UAV is launched by hand, thrown into the air like a free flight model airplane. The Raven lands itself by auto-piloting to a pre-defined landing point and then performing a 45 slope (1 foot down for every 1 foot forward) controlled "Autoland" descent. The UAV can provide day or night aerial intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition, and reconnaissance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroVironment_RQ-11_Raven

Well i'll be damned. Here it is for $169 http://www.fpvhobby.com/25-us-army-fpv-airplane.html

=
    Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by i love flying View Post
    In America, yes.

The Raven plane, IMHO, you could do better with a Skywalker.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Well i'll be damned. Here it is for $169 http://www.fpvhobby.com/25-us-army-fpv-airplane.html
    You gotta know where to shop. US army could have saved 34831$ per UAV if theyd just browsed some hobbyshops
    Just call me Jomppa when we are not fishing
    Check out my videos at youtube.com/erajomppa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12