Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Think about selling Cree XML leds w/heatsink on your site?

Forum Member
    For just the driver or does that include the LED/s?
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Forum Member
    Just the driver, for a led and optic add 10$
    How long, nothing sure probably a few months.

Hugo

Forum Member
    Start to look good!

-Hugo

Forum Member
    Coool!!! Was hoping you were still working on this!
    [FONT=Segoe UI]Regarding "some" peoples thoughts about Trappy and the FAA and "the sky is falling":[/FONT]
    [FONT=Segoe UI][/FONT]
    [FONT=Segoe UI]"Perspective. Time to recognize the root cause and not focus exclusively on a single case."

[/FONT]

Forum Member
    I have 10W on the quad and it works really very well.. I attached copper forged heat sinks and then mounted them in the airflow.. I tested stationary with the props running for 20m and they did not overheat..

I just got an off the shelf 10w RGB with IR remote, soldered the stuff up, heatsinks and away I went.. took maybe 10 minutes? 13$

It would take some doing but a nice housing that allowed airflow would be great.. my "ghetto" stuff is not for the masses...

At night? it is hilarious... from several hundred feet away, it is just a ball of glare looking at you.. terrible for navigation but wonderful for bringing people out of their houses..
    Poke it with a fork.. done...

Forum Member
    Hugo, do you know where I can buy decent, small easy heatsinks for the Cree XM-L leds? I bought three of the LEDs from DigiKey and three lens for them, but I need heatsinks for them. Does the small "star" PCB design I often see (like your avatar) the LED mounted on function as a heatsink? Or is it simply to make mounting the LED easier?
    [FONT=Segoe UI]Regarding "some" peoples thoughts about Trappy and the FAA and "the sky is falling":[/FONT]
    [FONT=Segoe UI][/FONT]
    [FONT=Segoe UI]"Perspective. Time to recognize the root cause and not focus exclusively on a single case."

[/FONT]

Forum Member
    The "star" PCB is metal and function as a heatsink, but at this size it can't take a lot of heat. The star is meant to be fixed to a heat-sink and transfert the heat from the LED. You can heatsinks at digikey/mouser.

-Hugo

Forum Member
    I saw some heatsinks at Digikey but they looked relatively huge. As in, designed for using the LED as a overhead fixture in a house or commercial installation, not in a small, flying foam model. Lol. I know the larger the heatsink, the more wattage it can dissapate, but I doubt that I need to drive these at a constant 3 amps to get the output I need/want.

They will first go an a FPV Traxxas Emaxx. Then, if I like them, I'll put them on my FPV Slow Stick. And maybe on a quad (once I build/buy one...)

Anyway, thanks for your help!
    [FONT=Segoe UI][/FONT]

[/FONT]

Forum Member
    Hugo, any suggestions on a LED driver that can drive one Cree XM-L at 3A? Or do I need to make my own, using a high power Mosfet?
    [FONT=Segoe UI][/FONT]

[/FONT]

Forum Member
    You may browse this page:
    http://www.intl-outdoor.com/componen...s-c-57_88.html
    To find something that will fit.

-Hugo