FPVLAB

Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1338

Thread: The 3D printing repository

Quote Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
    Tukmol you can also try PLA if your printer supports it. Other ideas are to design a slot in the arm to accept a carbon fiber rod. Or just go with carbon fiber booms and print adapters.
    Thanks for the reply! I'll try to insert carbon fiber rod. I havent seen anyone does that.

Quote Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
    I have now become used to ppl ripping my designs off and also selling stuff I've designed without authorization. I've become so used to it that I almost don't care but sometimes I do act. The last time I did this was with the eBay-seller jwayne247. Now I'm sure he doesn't mean to do something wrong but he has listed a number of 3d printed items that is not of his own design. He also does not give proper credit to the designer.

I would recommend all designers to make a quick search and look for your own designs (and for other designs as well) on eBay other webshops. If you find designs being sold without permission and/or without proper credit then please notify the sellers or report them. I would advice to do the former unless the sellers ignores you.

The goal is to make ppl aware of what is allowed and what is not and also as well as giving the designers their deserved credit: In some cases the designers could also get some some monetary gain from their hard deserved efforts.
    Ehh I don't make my stuff public, I'll send you a file or print for you if I know you but otherwise keep on walkin

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    I work under the assumption that anything I put into a computer (any computer) can and will be re-approrpiated by other individuals or organizations for benign or nefarious uses.

Check out these assholes:
    http://www.flyhighfilms.co.uk/shop/drone-t-shirt/

They straight up downloaded my banksy parody design, REMOVED my CSFPV signature and replaced it with their own. Then when I called them out on their bullshit on Facebook, they tell me that I stole from Banksy and I'm wrong for doing so. The irony that they themselves were attempting to sell stolen artwork and the fact that they clearly didn't understand trademark/parody rights was not lost on any of the Facebook audience.

People are always going to steal your shit, the best you can do is constantly innovate so that you're always one step ahead.

And then there's people that get offended when you don't make STL's files publicly available.

@chickensashimi
    That outright sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
    Ehh I don't make my stuff public, I'll send you a file or print for you if I know you but otherwise keep on walkin
    Well, I enjoy helping ppl out and designing stuff that does help ppl is one of the main reasons why I design stuff, monetary gain comes secondary.

However, I do not like when ppl steal or use ideas without giving credit or try to make a profit where it is not allowed. I have now tried to report the item by contacting eBay but eBay doesn't really make it easy. When reporting an item you get to choose from a number of drop-down lists and noone perfectly matches open source violations.

I won't stop designing becouse of assholes being assholes though. Also given that the parts being sold by that seller is mainly FPV-specfic there is a good chance the seller reads this thread.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
    there is a good chance the seller reads this thread.
    Well then he can read this: go shove your hot end up your backside

I seem to be getting artifacts (don't know how else to describe it). What would cause this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444041054.459810.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	66831

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444041087.374631.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	66832

Would it be one of the print heads too low?

Quote Originally Posted by nightram View Post
    I seem to be getting artifacts (don't know how else to describe it). What would cause this?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444041054.459810.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	66831

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444041087.374631.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	66832

Would it be one of the print heads too low?
    It looks like it's just the other hotends tracing the same outline as the active. 3 hotends on there....Nice but I'm thinking they are not perfectly even.

Instructor Pilot
    I agree, the 'ghosting' is usually due to something dragging on the print.

Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast