Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to repair corrupted MP4 files from a GoPro.....for free!

Navigator
    If you like using the Internet, you can always add this line to your HOSTS file:

127.0.0.1 grauonline.de

How To Edit Your Hosts File

Navigator
    I cant get it to work. Anytime I try to run gs.exe; the program will prompt me for a language, I select English, then the program shuts down. Windows says gs has encountered an error and needs to shut down. So I cant do anything with it. Any ideas why it wont work?
    Rexnoobs: Hey watch out for that power line
    Me: you mean the one my tricopter is dangling from...

Did you download the file from my Mediafire link? That works fine for me. Is your computer disconnected from the internet when you run it? If you try to run it while you're online it will give you an error and try to update. Not sure if this is the same thing.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Worked for me too - thanks!

Just in case anyone out there wants to respect the author and does not want to bypass the somewhat unsuccessful protection scheme (I will agree he is way over priced)

http://goprohacks.blogspot.com/p/how...rupted-or.html

Navigator
    Awesome, recovery method! I finally got it to work. It seems the issue I was having has something to do with my computer. I tried it on a diff computer and it worked perfectly. Didn't have the last few seconds of the video, but that was expected. Thanks for the help!
    Rexnoobs: Hey watch out for that power line
    Me: you mean the one my tricopter is dangling from...

Navigator

Additional solution..

I recently filled a number microSD memory cards with GoPro video and photo footage on a trip to the states.. Upon returning home I was able to view the contents on PC via a portable memory card reader. However, upon renaming files whilst sorting through them, read errors started occurring that eventually lead to Windows issuing pop-up messages asking me to format the card.

I already owned paid data recovery software (with good past experience), and so for a time only focused on finding the right mp4 file repair software - taking me as far as VRU (video repair utility by Grau GbR), which works very well on the data you DO manage to scrap off the disk. However, no matter which permutations of options I tried, certain videos recovered would always have premature endings.

I considered the possibility that the repair tool wasn't the problem and instead I needed a better data recovery program, so I eventually searched and came across a very handy (and free) tool called Puran File Recovery.. Not only does it support recovery of partitions, but has one great key feature: the ability to specify the size of a specific video (with raw scans), thus forcing a larger file to be written. So, you might not know the EXACT size your video was, but hey: you can go a little larger then edit it later with the right tool - I use GoPro Cineform for my purposes, but I did see a free editor/player called MPEG Streamclip.

Hope this helps people out - it was great to see that the data initially omitted from the restore was still there. Hope this saves others some time!

Regards Dominic
    Last edited by Grandmachismo; 21st September 2013 at 08:32 AM.

Navigator

after repair too small video

HI!

I have a Samsung galaxy S3, and have taken a video last weekend. To be spotted yesterday can't see the video. It's been damaged. The video was saved to microSD memorycard. Video's type: *.mp4, full HD

After i found this topic and was trying the video repair program, but it didn't succeed the video to repair entirely. So i have taken approximately 6 min video(580Mb), but got a 15 sec(35Mb) video after the repair. The scanning ran without any problem.
    What will be the problem? Or only this part didn't damaged ?

Thx for your help!

As far as I know the program only works with files from certain cameras. Maybe it just won't work with your phone. If you followed all the directions in the first post and it still didn't work I'm afraid I don't know what else to tell you.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Navigator
    Just a quick one to thank the OP for this! My quad went down in the water yesterday after a good fly, thankfully now i have most of the run! Didn't get the dunking unfortunately!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast