Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How to repair corrupted MP4 files from a GoPro.....for free!

Sorry dude I have no idea why that is happening. Make sure the file is not set to read only. Other than that it sounds like a problem with windows. Never encountered that before. Btw, you only need to contact me once, not three times.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

okay thanks, which windows do you use\?

I have windows 7 pro.
    ~Patrick M.

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

me too! if I upload my broken video file, can you please please please do the fix for me? it means a lot to me, its a video made far away from my home and its for a special girl..

Does this have anything to do with FPV? I'm happy to help out a fellow FPVer but I'm not interested in running a general video repair service here. If it means that much to you why don't you just pay to use the program the proper way without having to do the file duplication trick?
    ~Patrick M.

Navigator
    This works perfectly. You are fantastic. This is fantastic. I had an epic crash and the video is like a horror movie, but really nice to have it. Thanks much!

Thanks for the help but could you explain to me how to do this for Mac please?

Sorry, don't know Macs since I'm solely a Windows guy. You'll have to find some other technique for Macs.
    ~Patrick M.

Here are instructions for Mac users

Quote Originally Posted by jetlawis View Post
    Thanks for the help but could you explain to me how to do this for Mac please?
    Hi. I just tried my Hero 3 black today for a wakeboard session.
    I was quite unhappy to see that the video file was corrupted.
    I had a Hero HD (first model) and never had a problem with it.

Luckily I found instructions here, and could recover the first 8 minutes of my ride -including 5 minutes of preparation on the boat) :-(
    Since I have a Mac, did it the Mac way. So here it is.

First download the video repair utility here : http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6...ility#download

Unzip the downloaded file (which might be automatic) and double-clic the "gs.app" or "gs" included file.

The first time you launch it, you might have a warning message about the app coming from an unidentified developer. This is an OS X security for the first time you launch downloaded applications. To temporarily disable it, go to System Preferences (in the Apple menu), then Security and Confidentiality / General tab.
    Clic the locker icon, enter your password, then set authorization for downloaded applications to "from anywhere" (I am actually using it in French, so the English wording might be a bit different).
    You should now be able to open the gs.app. Once you have done it, put the security setting back to its original setting.

Then use the repair tool (you will need one working video with the same settings as the one you want to repair).

Since the demo version only repairs 50% of the video, you might be interested in repairing a file twice too big. So,here is how to make a video twice longer:

- Open the Terminal app (time Terminal in Spotlight, upper right of your screen)
    - Type "cat " without the quotes. The space is important.
    - Then drag you video to the terminal window. This will input the path to the file plus a space in the Terminal window,
    - Drag the video file to the terminal window a second time.
    - Type "> " in the terminal
    - Drag the video file to the terminal window a third time.
    - Using the left arrow, go before the extension (.MP4 for my GoPro) and type "doubled". This just adds "doubled" to the name of the result file.

The line in Terminal should look like that, where the actual path can be a lot longer:
    cat /PATH/GOPR0002.MP4 /PATH/GOPR0002.MP4 > /PATH/GOPR0002doubled.MP4

Press the Return key. If you do not get an error message, you will just have the usual invite in the Terminal after the copy is complete ...and a double-sized file with "doubled" added to its name in the original location :-)

Hope this helps

Jérôme.

Have a corrupt file, but no reference files

I did a dream car drive this morning with a Lamborghini and would love to see the video but it doesn't work. THey gave me the file on an SD card. I now have the file but I need a reference file to make it work.
    Anybody have a reference file I can use?
    I don't know the exact camera, but let's say it was a go pro. I'll try that first. or a Hero, i'll try that second.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast