Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How to repair corrupted MP4 files from a GoPro.....for free!

Quote Originally Posted by prelator View Post
    Try using the same settings I did for all the advanced options.
    Alright I'm using the older version though, the new version's too hassle haha! But if that's the only way maybe i should try it too

Quote Originally Posted by wartycauldron View Post
    Alright I'm using the older version though, the new version's too hassle haha! But if that's the only way maybe i should try it too
    Edit:
    Tried the options using the older version
    The video was repaired but there are parts of the video that goes green/gray screen TT Anyway better than nothing

I keep getting the movdump.exe crashing. Does anyone have this problem? Any luck on another program that can fix mp4's?

Lightbulb Fixing/Repairing MP4 Files on GoPro and Xsplit

Quote Originally Posted by wartycauldron View Post
    Edit:
    Tried the options using the older version
    The video was repaired but there are parts of the video that goes green/gray screen TT Anyway better than nothing
    Hi All,

I scoured the internet to repair a MP4 file - and after quite a bit of searching, I found that the Xsplit software v2.0 has a repair executable file in it's directory that took our 4 hour show and repaired it instantly. The how to is on the xsplit forum referenced here: https://support.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27378

It worked for me and I didn't have to worry about virus issues, malware, adware or anything else it might install. The xplit software if free (as of the writing of this message) and was super easy to use.

Hope that helps!

Tony

Hello.

I have registered only to ask about corrupted mp4 file. I can see that I can find some good advice here.
    I am using not GoPro camera but Sony HDR AS20. One of my video file is corrupted. I tried Grau Gmbh Software but with no effect. I can open "repaired" video but video is freezed. Only with WMP i can see like 1 frame per second but that's all.
    Do you know any other software I can use?

It is great, nice tutorial. helpful and cheers.

Hello, just to add my 2cents in all this case!

I had a problem with a 10gb video. I tried each and every possible solution I found on the internet but nothing worked except the grauonline application.

Due to the 50% restriction I tried to double the video, but it didnt worked! After that I tripled the video without result also. I have to mention that I used version 1.9.1.

I tried to find the 1.8 or older version, but without success!

So, this is what I did in order to find a solution:

1. I scanned my original broken video, and restored the 50 % video
    2. I added this half video twice into my original, so the final video is double of the original but not exact half copy of it.
    (I think that if you put any video of the desired size it will work, as it will trick the app!)
    3. It worked! And it restored the video!

I hope this helps anybody who is in the same situation as I was, and cannot find the old version of the program.

Thank you prelator and everybody for your help!

FYI, I updated the first post in this thread with a new link to v.1.8 of the video repair utility. Here it is again:

Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!CIxBAQoa!ctEJUEd9jfFmyByLmiGO4kv1aYMnEMaFK-OGb47vdTw
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Thanks so much for the tutorial, it works great! (albeit a small snag)

I guess unlike a lot of people here, I'm trying to fix a .mov instead of a .mp4. I'm using v.1.8. I get a perfect video fix, but the audio will cut in and out every second. Tweaked all the settings from OP, mixed-and-matched, tripled instead of doubled the file size... I'm going to toy around with it a little more, maybe try converting it with a different program, but if anyone has had this issue before and know a fix, please let me know!

That looks correct to me.
    Last edited by kaufen; 23rd November 2016 at 01:53 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast