Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Video editing software...what are you using?

Video editing software...what are you using?

What are you using and do you like it? Pros and cons?

I use Sony Vegas Pro 10....still learning about it but basic functions are pretty easy to work with.

I've only used Windows Movie Maker - but then again, I've only edited 4 videos my entire life. LOL. If you've only got time to watch 1 or 2, then watch the last 2.

Pros - FREE
    Cons - Very generic tools to use for editing

1st video I ever edited - Hobbyzone Champ : 808 keychain cam : 400ft ++ : naked eye AND over the clouds : What kind of dork puts clouds between him and the plane w/out a FPV system? Yeah - that'd be me.

2nd video I ever edited - Hobbyzone Champ : 808 cam : experimental camera mount : 400ft + : naked eye

3rd video I ever edited (the kid is getting better!! LOL) : EYEPLANE by Jarel Aircraft Design : 808 Camera : multiple sites : naked eye

4th video I ever edited : EYEPLANE : mutilple sites : 808 cam
    Last edited by SENTRY; 5th April 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Pinnacle Studio HD V.15 http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...ltimate+15.htm
    Love it! It's just intuitive...

-Tim

Penguin flyerDisco buildr mike20sm's Avatar
    I'm using Edius 5.0 and haven't used anything else but I love it, it's very quick once you learn it, however I haven't tried any Gopro footage yet, but I think I'll need to use a faster desktop rather than my laptop.

I use Sony Vegas 10. Its an awesome edting program, if a little overboard for FPV video. Theres nothing you cant do with it. Still cant finda happy medium on the de-shaker settings yet with HD videos yet though. But highly recommended

FPV Legendary Loser Mark Hitchman's Avatar
    I use imovie 9, yeah I know, I went to the dark side. Macs smoke the Windows machines for video encoding. Imovie is a basic package that does everything I want and is retard friendly so I can handle it

One thing I wondered, if you use deshaker with an OSD displayed does it go weird?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hitchman View Post
    One thing I wondered, if you use deshaker with an OSD displayed does it go weird?
    100%. And the same if you have got any part of the plane in the picture. I use to turn off the OSD for a while when making a nice pass.

I use, sony vegas 9.0 and virtualdub for deshaking.

Also for gopros since you sometimes get those glares in the lens when its sunny outside, you can really see it moving when deshacked. I honestly don't think footage from the flight cam is worthy of being de shaken, if you wanna do aerial filming and make movies with it buy a hd camera like a gopro and just keep your ground recorded videos of your flight to yourselves or learning purposes. But this comming from a person that grew up oNly knowing 1080P

+1 on paintball_kidz ... FPV footage is meant to be shaky, we wanna see what you piloted with. I'd even say that HD footage not meant for professional video production should not be deshaken. it takes away the feeling and it's pretty painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    +1 on paintball_kidz ... FPV footage is meant to be shaky, we wanna see what you piloted with. I'd even say that HD footage not meant for professional video production should not be deshaken. it takes away the feeling and it's pretty painful to watch.
    I've said this many times - and people don't get it. I mean HD footage of people flying over flat fields is berzerk to me. "Yeah, I know what grass looks like, thanks." - LOL. Don't get me wrong, if you've got something worthwhile to fly over --- crank it up in HD. But the best videos to me are through the FPV cam - if youhappen to get a great shot during the flight in HD, roll to that cam for a few secs - then get back down to business.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast