FPVLAB

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New round trip world record 111/222 Km!!!

on a bicycle
    Wow, that flying is totally amazing. And the video quality is damn good. Thank you for the video

One thing I forgot, for the pitot tube, you need the latest experimental beta firmware, which I see you don't have. To do that you need a pickit2 and access to both top and bottom of RVOSD.

In the video around 90-100km, 5:45 in the video, I notice that Return Home flashes on and off a lot even though RSSI is OK, are you turning it on? why? easier turns?
    Last edited by bicycle; 14th September 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Navigator
    Wow! wow...wow...Roberto, you are a very talented man. Your ambition, your flying, your video, 3D route plots...just amazing!

THANK YOU
    Best regards,
    Ken
    Airborne Idiot!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Firstly for Roberto and Sircana , technically a great achievement for a video link of 110km. Great video editing and very informative.

I would like to make the suggestion that with a very low background noise, man made and local environment noise, then the noise contribution of the receiver itself limits further improvement in link distance. The receiver spec for noise figure (NF) is an important consideration. Noise figure is the spec for S/N ratio at the receiver input to the receiver S/N ratio at the receiver output. For satellite comms using high gain parabolic dish the receiver needs to have a very good noise figure. For this reason satellite receiver use a pre-amp before the actual video receiver. LNA or LNB are used. These pre-amp are designed for a very low internal noise floor. Usually specified in equivalent noise temperature degree kelvin.

Just a suggestion for Sircana. Im sure he is already onto it to improve the link budget and get even further distance from his helical feed parabolic dish.

Lindsay
    Interesting subject, could you recommend some stores where can we get some devices for 5.8GHz ? Iīm tempted to test one.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Wow, that flying is totally amazing. And the video quality is damn good. Thank you for the video

One thing I forgot, for the pitot tube, you need the latest experimental beta firmware, which I see you don't have. To do that you need a pickit2 and access to both top and bottom of RVOSD.

In the video around 90-100km, 5:45 in the video, I notice that Return Home flashes on and off a lot even though RSSI is OK, are you turning it on? why? easier turns?
    You are right, in the outbound track around km 100 I had serious troubles with the TSLRS link, thatīs why sometimes the RTH was in and out. I suppose it was caused by noise created by some external interference because 5 km ahead everything turned for better again.

I know the procedure to update de RVOSD, I follow the RV forum. I am so happy now with the autopilot/osd that I donīt want to change anything, just in case... ;-)

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by dias View Post
    Interesting subject, could you recommend some stores where can we get some devices for 5.8GHz ? Iīm tempted to test one.
    Hi Dias and the group. I think a discussion here on receiver NF (Noise Figure) is off topic. I made the post as a consideration for Sircana as to his surprise that the parabolic dish did not perform as well as he expected compared to his helical. I suggested that Vrx receiver internal noise may have been the limiting factor.

Old Man Mike used low noise pre-amp in his amazing distance achieved with his PW (pin wheel) antenna. There is some discussion by OMM and others on the benefit of using low noise pre-amp in his thread. This thread is for 1.3GHz pre-amp. The principle is the same for any frequency.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147430
    Lindsay

Navigator
    great flight, congratulations to Roberto and everyone involved!

some picture links broken.

Navigator
    Great Job and Accomplishment! Do you have a web site?

I am that guy that is doing a project with 5th graders in Northern Illinois. Last year we launched a NSB to about 80,000ft. This year we plan on hauling up an X5 and launching it from 80,000ft to 100,000ft and letting the kids pilot it back to school.

I am currently studying to take the FCC Technician exam to clear the FCC hurdles. I am working with a couple of guys in the Chicago FAA office to get the airspace approval.

Next up is trying to figure out an antenna array to use. Your project fills in those blanks very nicely. Thank you!!!!

Here is one minor problem I am trying to wrap my mind around. How to release the X5 in the simplest fail safe method? Any suggestions? I am trying to come up with a way to release the X5 when the balloon burst. trying to figure out how you could do this using a line attached to the X5 that would release upon balloon burst.

Thanks Guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulskyone View Post
    Great Job and Accomplishment! Do you have a web site?

I am that guy that is doing a project with 5th graders in Northern Illinois. Last year we launched a NSB to about 80,000ft. This year we plan on hauling up an X5 and launching it from 80,000ft to 100,000ft and letting the kids pilot it back to school.

I am currently studying to take the FCC Technician exam to clear the FCC hurdles. I am working with a couple of guys in the Chicago FAA office to get the airspace approval.

Next up is trying to figure out an antenna array to use. Your project fills in those blanks very nicely. Thank you!!!!

Here is one minor problem I am trying to wrap my mind around. How to release the X5 in the simplest fail safe method? Any suggestions? I am trying to come up with a way to release the X5 when the balloon burst. trying to figure out how you could do this using a line attached to the X5 that would release upon balloon burst.

Thanks Guys!!!!
    You need to go....

here: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....sphere-Project
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Navigator
    Sentry,

Thanks for the link!!!!!!!

Just what I am looking for.

It seems there are several projects cuncurrently going on to try to achieve this mission!

Thanks Again!!

PK

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast