Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BacklashRC's QAV500

Forum Member
    It might have thrown half a prop, and that is the vibrations seen. Even with that, and bad vibrations though I wouldn't expect a dive to the ground like that if you were anywhere near proper weight to power (1 to 2) - I didn't hear a motor speed up. But at :18 I do hear a sound that reminds me of heli blades being out of track, and at :25 it disappears, separation?

Oh well, it's all just guessing unless you see a frame in the video with half a blade flying away. Again, sorry you had the loss.
    Last edited by spiked3; 3rd February 2013 at 04:54 PM.

Forum Member
    Good point, we never saw the prop fly, that means it's closer to the entry road....BackLash let me know if yoiu go look, this is where my eyes excel - right at the 5-6' mark.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Probably best to start a new thread in the rotorcraft area. I'm not sure myself.....
    Sounds like NAZA either needs calibrating or props are not correct?

PS they should be 10x5 from what I've been told, although 10x4 may work fine (??)

However, pertinent to this thread, this QAV has been rebuilt!

I have to calibrate the naza as well......

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Gonna check to make sure the motor leads are going into the FC in the proper sequence.
    As of right now the FC and compass was calibrated. Ill get back at ya with the results. I have a dji hex but didn't have any setup issues. ;^\
    Thanks guys

Forum Member
    You can actually run just one wire from that receiver to the NAZA - but I never got it to work. I didn't try all that hard either.

I can't quite tell from your post, are you having problems? PM if you are, I may be available tomorrow if you want.

Mike

Forum Member
    Ok the results are in
    I've checked and re-checked motor direction prop rotation and wire sequence from esc's to FC all are in proper order.
    I moved the NAZA GPS compass further forward away from FC, re calculated the xyz.
    Did "the dance" and I do the first circle at level and it turns green, I do the second circle on side axis and it just stays green.
    I believe this is telling me that it's not calibrating. Any ideas?
    Last edited by i.res.q.u.911; 28th March 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Member
    Well BackLash had to point out to me that UP on the sticks for elevator/calibration was LEFT on the slider.....but if that's wrong your motors won't start.

I also had to adjust my 3 pos switch END POINTS to get the slider in MANUAL, ATT, GPS - it was man/failsafe otherwise.......check that - watch teh slider move when you move your switches.

Start in GPS mode.....

BTW this bird flew again.
    Last edited by Scotttu; 7th August 2013 at 10:56 PM.

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Did you mod the antennas for your receiver? Or did you buy them and where?

Scott makes them

Forum Member
    They do look like what Scottu makes, but these are just RC car antenna sleeves that are slid over a JR 2.4 Spektrum diversity setup.

The receiver is made for carbon fiber fuselages and as a result has long leads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123