FPVLAB

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV WARBIRDS

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I have that Pan/Tilt... I was very impressed with its simplicity and quality. As long as you keep the camera light you should have great results.

Hey Derrick, do you know if that pan/tilt will fit the SC2000 Sony Super HAD 600TVL?
    I don't know why hobbyking doesn't put a ruler in the background of the products they sell.. super annoying.
    Last edited by chicken sashimi; 7th September 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Vitamin J.. did you end up using an external bec in your 'stang?

I have the Dynam mustang as well as the PZ F4F. The Mustang blew an ESC on the maiden roll. New ESC now but the motor still vibrate like crazy. Need to repower the thing, as usual for chinese ships, before taking it FPV. I am just going to use my universal quick release FPV pod for all these and my many other planes, eventually. I guess my PBY is a warbird too - but it blew up last week on the maiden FPV flight.
    another friggin lawn dart. love it

My Gunfighter ( http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....ter-FPV-Style& ). I need to take it off the wall and fly her.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
    I have the Dynam mustang as well as the PZ F4F. The Mustang blew an ESC on the maiden roll. New ESC now but the motor still vibrate like crazy. Need to repower the thing, as usual for chinese ships, before taking it FPV. I am just going to use my universal quick release FPV pod for all these and my many other planes, eventually. I guess my PBY is a warbird too - but it blew up last week on the maiden FPV flight.
    Sounds like you've got a rough time with your maidens. Hopefully the issues iron themselves out.

The reason i like the wildcat is because it's a hand-launch belly-lander. I rarely fly from a field suitable for landing gear so a quick and easy toss and she's up in the air. I wouldn't mind something a little bigger (to accomodate the FPV hardware) but it would have to still run off my 3s 2200's and at least be suitable for hand-tosses and belly landings. Few warbirds fit these requirements it seems.

SENTRY.. great build thread.. got any videos of that thing in action?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
    Vitamin J.. did you end up using an external bec in your 'stang?
    Yeah I ditched the stock ESC right away too. I decided an external BEC is a good call with retracts, flaps, pan/tilt, etc.

e: oh yeah with the Dynam you need an aftermarket spinner and prop for sure, the stock one is crap. The stock motor is great on 4S too. I'm using a Parkzone Extra prop I think which is 10.5x9 and a Dubro spinner.
    Last edited by Vitamin J; 7th September 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Yeah I'll find some of those vids - and I'll try to doa quai-resurrection of that plane - it's much different now than where I left off
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Ok i will try the dynam motor again w quality esc and spinner. I did find flaps really helped but had a lot of spinner vibration, even w HK spinner.

My PZ F4F is flawless, a joy to fly. But i have yet to try it fpv. Maybe next week.

Yeah.. i've fpv'ed my wildcat too.. but she flopped over when I reached for the sky, so a motor upgrade is definitely a must.
    I've come to the conclusion that the Cat will just not be big enough to haul the pantilt fpv pod AND my GPS tracker (at this point I consider the tracker a must for any plane worth over $250... what's the point of having it if I don't use it?)

So the wildcat is out for my project, but I'm currently looking at the PKZ BF109. It's a badass looking airframe and it may just be big enough to haul everything I load into it. The one thing i'm wondering is will it need some kind of motor upgrade to achieve unlimited vertical? I ordered a couple G10 motors from HK to hopup my 'cat and maybe another plane if I get one down the line, but would a G10 be a suitable upgrade for a BF109 or would it be too small? I could use help in regards to the power system because I don't know much about that stuff.

What are your thoughts on this guys? Any BF109 pilots out there? How does she fly?

Tracker is a must?

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast