Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cyclops nova osd

Navigator
    Ok. I understand that part BUT...

My question IS...with the 2.3 jumper set up, can I THEN connect my main motor power battery which is a 4s6200 to the OSD (without frying it) so I can still see the mah usage in the OSD display?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyWireless View Post
    Hi,

Yes, by having the jumper on pin 2 and 3, the current sensor will no longer power the OSD and the power comes will be at the pin 1 and will not feed the OSD. But if you link the pin 1 and 2 using the jumper you will fry your OSD.

Cheers!

FPV-The RC modeler dream! HobbyWireless's Avatar
    Absolutely, as long as you keep the jumper on pin 2 and 3 you can safely plug your 4S6200 to the current sensor and you will see it on the OSD display.

Cheers!

Navigator
    Yippy!

Now one more hurdle. I tried to initialize the IR and it keeps giving me ERROR message. I tip the hexa to mimic tipping a wing to the sky and one to the ground as the manual suggests, but I jsut get ERROR. Its picking up GPS perfectly and compass heading is working even though im getting the ERROR message. I have the OSD mounted out on an arm of my DJI F550 hexa and the IR sensor underneath the ship mounted on a little 1inch post in the center of the ship, pointing forwards. Any ideas to get it working?

The IR sensors must to be able to see the sky and ground without any obstruction.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbyWireless View Post
    I'm sorry for taking so long to respond, I was sick as an old dog few days, barely able to respond some emails.
    Yes, we carry the latest version of the Nova, and all the bugs have been fixed.

Cheers!
    Hey i purchased a cyclops osd a while back v1.5 it worked pretty well on my airplane for a while. I recently tried to connect it to my new dji 450 qaud and the current sensor is doing some strange things it appears to pull 25amps in hover whick might be right my quad is a bit heavy with gopro and second sn555 camera. The current sensor was stuck on 9.9 amps after landing and still showed mah consumtion even after all the motors were off.

Navigator
    I figured it out. The IR sensor did not have clear sight of sky and ground. Im mounting it so it does and will test this afternoon and report my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by ovni View Post
    I figured it out. The IR sensor did not have clear sight of sky and ground. Im mounting it so it does and will test this afternoon and report my findings.
    Awesome! I'm glad to know you got it working!

Quote Originally Posted by Tflyer180 View Post
    Hey i purchased a cyclops osd a while back v1.5 it worked pretty well on my airplane for a while. I recently tried to connect it to my new dji 450 qaud and the current sensor is doing some strange things it appears to pull 25amps in hover whick might be right my quad is a bit heavy with gopro and second sn555 camera. The current sensor was stuck on 9.9 amps after landing and still showed mah consumtion even after all the motors were off.
    What kind of motors do you have on there? I'm wondering if it didn't overload the current sensor. I'm no quad pro by any means... I do know they tend to be amp hogs though. Mine will drain a 5000mAh battery in 10 minutes.
    AKA Bonafidepirate

Navigator
    What is difference between Cyclops Storm OSD and Nova OSD? I want to know the difference in functioning.