Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cyclops nova osd

cyclops nova osd

cyclops nova osd that is on the website, Is it the newest version with the mah bug fixed?

Navigator
    Yeah, check out the storm
    I have the upgraded firmware in my Nova and it still doen't give accurate figures
    UK FPV : Too many aircraft to count

Quote Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post
    that's what it says. although take a look at the new Storm OSD, stabilisation without the IR sensors so you can use it effectively on cloudy days too
    So what version is it? Doesn't say on the website. Where does it say it? Cause i dont see it. http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=751

I have seen that website but its in china, with shipping the price is not gonna be any better.

I was looking at it because i was planning to get some other gear from hobbywireless.

Where are the hobbywireless people. Waiting on answers before I decide to order some items from them.
    Last edited by ssam99; 31st August 2012 at 10:03 PM.

still no answers from hobby wireless

FPV-The RC modeler dream! HobbyWireless's Avatar
    I'm sorry for taking so long to respond, I was sick as an old dog few days, barely able to respond some emails.
    Yes, we carry the latest version of the Nova, and all the bugs have been fixed.

Cheers!

Navigator

Will the nova osd work on a tricopter?

I was just wondering if the cyclops nova osd will work on a tricopter?

Also, can anyone tell me what is the best radio system to use for fpv? I have a JR 9503 2.4ghz. Is it better to use a 72mhz?

Yesthe Nova OSD will work with your tricopter but only the OSD/GPS portion not the auto-pilot or RTH (return to home feature).
    I rather have a 72 MHz radios because the signal has better obstacle penetration compared to 2.4 GHz radios. Unless that you're planning on going with Long Range RC System to extend the range of your radio control, then the native frequency will not matter.

Cheers,

Navigator
    Hi,

I too am using the OSD features of the Nova OSD bypassing the flight control features. I have moved the jumper to 2,3 and am powering the OSD, and my Horyzon HD FPV cam and AV tx from a separate 3s lipo.

The manual says:

"When the jumper connects the pin 2 and 3, the current sensor just offers the voltage infoto the OSD board."

SO....my question IS...can I connect my main motor power battery which is a 4s6200 to the OSD (without frying it) so I can still see the mah usage in the OSD display?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyWireless View Post
    Yesthe Nova OSD will work with your tricopter but only the OSD/GPS portion not the auto-pilot or RTH (return to home feature).
    I rather have a 72 MHz radios because the signal has better obstacle penetration compared to 2.4 GHz radios. Unless that you're planning on going with Long Range RC System to extend the range of your radio control, then the native frequency will not matter.

Cheers,

Hi,

Yes, by having the jumper on pin 2 and 3, the current sensor will no longer power the OSD and the power comes will be at the pin 1 and will not feed the OSD. But if you link the pin 1 and 2 using the jumper you will fry your OSD.

Cheers!