HobbyUAV

Page 93 of 193 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: The Techpod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
    Done my chores for the day.
    How are the domes holding up?
    My dome has held up well (I will post video once I get my RVOSD figured out, I can't read RSSI any more and have annoying messages on the display). I broke one dome when i did have a substantial crash where it should have broke. I was very very impressed that a stall from 30-50ft with a direct hit on the nose resulted in no damage to the wings, wing box and only minor crack to the fuselage...the tail came off but that was easily fixed. For me this was the worst crash I've had in FPV and I was up and running the next day. I have done the SkyWalker T-tail support modification now because I broke the tail (carelessly) putting the plane in my car.

I don't use the glass bottom so that makes a fine landing skid with about 3 layers of packing tape.

Note: My wings are laminated.
    Last edited by Hucker; 2nd June 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added note about laminated wings.
    KF7SKL,TechPod/Walrus/250mmQuad/HoneyBadger, EZUHF,SL-AAT, 1G3/2G4/5G8

That's good to know.
    My elevator is removable with the SW style out riggers. Makes it very transportable.
    Mine should be ready for flying soon. So if all's good I might bring it over to fly at the farm. I'm back on the 18th July.
    Looking to do another gathering the following week end

My techpod has held up well. I just keep the dome on with tape and it seem fine. Flew 2.3 miles and a altitude of 3951 feet. Having a blast! I was climbing pretty hard for a while at about 7A 1500 mah total draw on the battery. Here is a pic! I have the youtube video up on my channel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	techpod 2.3 miles launch arrow.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	26793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	techpod 2.3 miles 3951'.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	26794

Nice one there Hockeystud! That really starting to show the range capabilities of that platform. What batteries do you have in there?
    KF7TRU, youtube.com/user/wildwill1970/videos, Skywalker 1680mm, RMRC 400mW 1280mhz vTx, Dragonlink V1, MFD ATT, Crosshair GSA 1280mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    My techpod has held up well. I just keep the dome on with tape and it seem fine. Flew 2.3 miles and a altitude of 3951 feet. Having a blast! I was climbing pretty hard for a while at about 7A 1500 mah total draw on the battery. Here is a pic! I have the youtube video up on my channel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	techpod 2.3 miles launch arrow.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	26793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	techpod 2.3 miles 3951'.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	26794
    HS87
    Can you post a link to youtube

Sry I put copy written music in the first video so it got bumped working on it now, kinda new to youtube. I have the second one working tho. Ill get the first one working better. Ill just load up none edited gopro and add fancy music later... and make sure I have nothing that is copy written. Both videos are hot and ready!

I guess I have been mistaking the LOS for actual range. I'm more at 2.2 miles oops...

Here is the raw video from OSD
    Last edited by Hockeystud87; 2nd June 2013 at 10:11 PM.

can't view either video. 1st one has blocked content - they will not allow public to view your videos if you used copyrighted music on the soundtrack. May I suggest ditching YT and trying Vimeo?
    another friggin lawn dart. love it

Yesterday 2.2 miles today why not 3miles 4447' on 1500mah! Even flew through a cloud! Ill load up video later. I got a physics exam to study for!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3miles 4447'.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	26818

Pilot
    HockeyStud,

Thats a TechPod,
    and your on 6s Lipos.....you should be going further then 3 miles on that ~2.5+m GLider.....
    (I can go 2.5miles on 72mhz on my slow Diamond 2500 Glider easily)

That TechPod is capable of 20miles++.....I guess your just getting it trimmed out first?

Is your cruise speed only ~25mph on 6s Lipo?
    "On My best behavior, or I'll get Banned".....
    .....I love Sports' and Vacations,....
    Whos' more Athletic? NHL players or Football/Basketball Skills' Players?

"...I break regulations because I'm good and it's ok for me..."

Quote Originally Posted by RcLab1 View Post
    HockeyStud,

Thats a TechPod,
    and your on 6s Lipos.....you should be going further then 3 miles on that ~2.5+m GLider.....
    (I can go 2.5miles on 72mhz on my slow Diamond 2500 Glider easily)

That TechPod is capable of 20miles++.....I guess your just getting it trimmed out first?

Is your cruise speed only ~25mph on 6s Lipo?
    That's actually my personal record currently I just started flying fpv a few months ago. Still trying to figure this all out, slowly but surely I'll get to pushing it further. Just don't wanna be a statistic, but your more then welcome to try and hit 20miles, that would be a true accomplishment! If you haven't gotten one yet I think Wayne has plenty more too sell.

But im cruising around 30 ground speed it seems. I don't have a wind speed censor on it. I'm sure I fly a little faster then cruise. Around 3-4amps I have found I can keep it in the air. If you watch on my return trips I have to circle a lot to loose altitude and im really pushing the nose down. The Techpod will glide like a dream. Also I'm flying really dirty on the wing. So there will be large in improvement performance. My numbers are low, with a better craftsman and pilot I am sure the data will be improved. I'm just lucky I have a platform and setup that will accommodate for that.

Oh and to answer your question NHL hands down...
    Last edited by Hockeystud87; 2nd June 2013 at 11:37 PM.