HobbyUAV

Page 191 of 193 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1928

Thread: The Techpod!!!

Are Techpods still available?

Thanks for the feedback. I got my TP from Wayne with the 3D printed parts for detachable wings/tail so I didn't know if they were an option I missed.

With too many plane projects going on, the TP is next in line after the previously mentioned repairs and a really big project HERE.

My friend and I think we will maiden the FX-61 on that page today. (He has more confidence in my flying wing skills than me)

-=Doug
    KB4FEM

@Wayne ... any more Techpods available? Shipping would be to Sarawak, Malaysia, on Borneo.

Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    Are Techpods still available?
    They are listed on his store site page and often he has orders for RTF Tpods.
    Based on that I venture to say 'Yes".

I sent Wayne and email inquiring on the TechWing kit and availability.
    KB4FEM

Thank you, very interesting twin pod stik build, I had a Twinstar2 and now an MTD, I really like the twin motor design, I also use a lot of LiIon cells now, the MTD flew for 2 and half hours on 6S5P 18650GA cells

Navigator
    Guys, I have a TechPod kit from Wayne. He included the 3D printed tail and wing joiner pieces as well. I've had the kit for a few years, and not made much progress. I take it there are no threads or videos on how to assemble the TP using these improved pieces for the wing and tail? Any help would be appreciated to make sure I don't screw the build up too badly.

Thanks,
    Larry Fitch

There is a lineup of assemble videos on YouTube, just run a search for Techpod or Techpod build. Should show a complete series to help you through the build. Specifically Nick Weber.
    KF7TSE

youtube.com/channel/UCzoOpmJK8_WOlBl65sZAfGw
    vimeo.com/airtruksrus/videos

Airtruksrus Cockpit Ground Station Systems.
    Open for business
    Always under revision to make it better.

I had the same questions with the 3D printed parts.
    Wayne posted some pics of their application, but realize you do not have to employ them.
    You can build it 'original' as in the video series Airtruksrus mentions. The videos mentioned are also seen on Wayne's site HERE.
    Unfortunately the videos do not mention the 'new' parts. The videos can help some in general.

HERE is a pic of the tail part installed for that option. It is white with the white foam and is not obvious on initial viewing.

HERE is a series of pics showing the wing mount mods.
    These parts are more obvious than the tail parts, being blue and/or black.

In fact that last link has many other pics on that page so look it over well.
    The wing block has an inset section for the wing wiring connector block.

Regarding the wing mods, read over the post around that last link for determine if your wing will need to be cut for the 'new' block section.
    Scottu asks that question in post #79.

I have not started my TP yet -- too many other planes on the bench right now.
    My goal is to get a really BIG project wing out of my shop by Turkey Day.

-=Doug
    KB4FEM

Navigator
    airtruksrus, I've seen all of Nick's vids, most more than once.
    rdstarwalt, I've seen most of the photos Wayne posted as well. I have the tail figured out except for what type of glue to use on the printed parts to foam joints. What is your "really BIG wing project? I have an 8.8 meter wing about ready to be back on the bench this Winter after I finish the TP.

I'm guessing that Goop would be correct, but it could be epoxy as well? Relative to the wing mods, I have all the cuts made in the foam, and can dry fit it all together, but not sure of glue selection, and more importantly, assembly sequence. I'm concerned to start gluing, and find I should have glued A to B, when I should have first glued C to D--if you get my drift.

Thanks Guys,
    Larry

Oh man Larry, you get the BIG prize of the day.
    8.8 meters beats my project -- right at 4 meters HERE.

-=Doug
    KB4FEM