Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby UAV View Post
    Yep
    Ok Thank You

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby UAV View Post
    Yep
    Ok Thanks You, tomorrow maiden !!

Going to use the Techpod on a SAR over Hood Canal tomorrow, had to check adjustments. Flew like a CHAMP.

Get you some of THAT. CRUISING at 40mph drawing 9amps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	57909  
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Nice. How did you get into SAR with it? Hit me up if you need any "factory certification" or anything. Sounds very exciting. Hope you are successful.

We're not into SAR, just so happens there's an aircraft missing and an aerial view is always better, IMHO. They had helo's out looking already and some guys from Tacoma are there with sonar looking.

I work at Keyport and they have the means to do this but NTSB has to contact them for help etc.
    So meanwhile I hope to get an aerial view and fly some beaches looking for debris. LOT of private property out there so public access will be hard, as well as this stupid FOG that's been hanging out.......

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Scotttu, your getting 9amp 40mph cruise with an external GoPro and tale support sticks? If so that's awesome. Remind us how your TP is set up. Battery, motor, prop and gear.

My build has been delayed due to another project. I finished wiring the wings. I'll be doing a final push soon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by SilviaSGP06 View Post
    Scotttu, your getting 9amp 40mph cruise with an external GoPro and tale support sticks? If so that's awesome. Remind us how your TP is set up. Battery, motor, prop and gear.

My build has been delayed due to another project. I finished wiring the wings. I'll be doing a final push soon hopefully.

Went back over the footage, looks more like about 12amps at 32 miles while MILDLY climbing, cruising back it was 9 or less coasting down, 40+ mph.
    On flat cruise coming back it's hard to say, was only 1/2 mile run, saw it holding 4amps at 32mph.
    BUT the ticket is, 5 miles flown (In a circle) drawing only 1600mah. That should get me out to my 10 mile mark on 3200 and give me plenty to cruise back on.
    Before I turn around in the video see the double peaked mountains- been striving for 2+ years to GET to those mountains. TechPod #1 failed, wing folded.
    This one, this one will do it.

This is what I am running:

SunnySky 800KV motor swinging a 12x6 prop. Turnigy plush 60amp esc. She's *almost* tail heavy and I'm flying a lightweight 5000mah battery in it. I think I'm going to put a Nanotech 6000 or 8000 in to bring the weight slightly up front.
    THE TICKET IS THE 12X6 prop - cannot emphasize that enough, but with that you will get some torque steer.

Those tail support sticks are merely 3mm carbon fiber, very little wind resistance to those. The GoPro onboard is the amazing part, if I removed it and put more battery I could push this out 15+ miles but what fun would that be flying over God's country without high def video?

No RTH, nothing like that - although I have a Flytrex strobe out on the wing, those things ROCK at night!

Kind of like flying a bus......but it has it's purpose.

Last edited by Scotttu; 1st February 2015 at 12:48 PM.

KF7TRX

Here's some raw footage, note the numbers at the end. It's not a fair test, and as you said hauling a gopro.

But overall it will get me out 10 miles on a 5k battery.

KF7TRX

Haven't shown this old plane for a short while, just working on the catapult to be mounted on the trailer. With the addition of an adapter plate, this should give about the same amount of thrust and distance as that of a normal throw.
    KF7TSE

youtube.com/channel/UCzoOpmJK8_WOlBl65sZAfGw
    vimeo.com/airtruksrus/videos

Airtruksrus Cockpit Ground Station Systems.
    Open for business
    Always under revision to make it better.

Navigator
    Hello,

I just got my Techpod and will start building soon. What are recommended prop and specific motor combinations?