HobbyUAV

Page 179 of 193 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1928

Thread: The Techpod!!!

What?

Wayne I posted a small write up, pic and video to show mah burn and how I squeezed the packs in to give scotty an idea of what to shoot for.
    There was 1 pic of the plane and it only showed part of the nose mate.. hardly even worth a mention.

I mentioned the Open Source as you put it out there for China to copy yet carry on about a pic showing 5% of the airframe?

I was a supporter of you, You only have to read the cyclops thread to see John will also end up giving them all away....
    And quit the threats pal, like you could "take action" against me, statements like that just show your loose grip on reality.

Ya sorry about the removal of the write up. I see I could have just removed the picture. Ok by "action" I mean remove the pictures. Don't mean anything else. Was not trying to threaten you in anyway.

Yes, in case you were wondering, my income tanked as soon as johns airplanes hit the market. Also he is making plenty of money per unit. I know he keeps on saying he is practically giving them away but when you make something for about $45 per unit and sell it for $160, you just might be making money. Why do you believe his crap about not making money? Why is he doing it then?

All I wanted to do was give Scotty some pointers on mah and range, I honestly cropped my picture as to try and not upset you.
    I really don't want to get into any more ownership conversations, I believe there is more than enough of that info out there.

Peace.

Winglets coming

looking for about a 5 % efficiency boost with these. I will be testing them probably this weekend at the meetup in Oregon.

here is a frontal view

They also improve tip stalling and spin stability, not that the TP needs it.
    Last edited by Hobby UAV; 29th September 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Would be nice if those winglets were around 160mm tall (UHF antennas) and removable. Even just leaving channels to get a dipole in the tip without having to modify and dig foam away would be nice.
    KF7SKL,TechPod/Walrus/250mmQuad/HoneyBadger, EZUHF,SL-AAT, 1G3/2G4/5G8

I'll definitely take a set of those when you get em!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

@hucker,
    That is a fantastic idea. they are 5 inches so that's 127 mm. Ya i could probably stretch it to fit 160mm. I was thinking about VTX embedded in one tip and RC RX the other. I have a few ideas but can you post a picture or a link to your hardware?

I am printing some prototypes now. They will be going on that Lipo build I have neglected. Ill have it ready in time for the fly-in this weekend.

@Scott
    For sure!