Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does most people use multiple video editing software or just one?

Does most people use multiple video editing software or just one?

I been trying out trail versions on editing software and just checking if there is most I need to get quality videos for online?

If your new to R/C Altitude is your Friend!

I would guess most use a combination of different tools. You may have the same software but use multiple plug-ins for the desired effect. I, for one, am a mac user. I use i-movie as my main platform. From there, i have adobe after effects (for mac) and I absolutely love Twixtor as a plug-in. Allows for some super slow moments (2% moments) and if you film with GoPro at the 720/60 fps setting, it comes out amazingly smooth. Nothing's cheap but if you want high quality, you really have to have the right equipment.

The other aspect is simply having the artistic mind. Can't buy that.

Although I've been filming for a while, I've only recently gotten into FPV. I'll be posting my first FPV video here some time early this week. Check it out. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying out different software and like power Director 10 the best so far but I'm thinking my 3 yr old windows PC is starting to bet too old. :-(

Pilot
    When i started into the FPV videos, I had to go update my pc to much more powerful equipment. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and had to get a 3ghz quad core, 16 gigs of ram and 4 hard drives so it could edit and preview smoothly. I do edit 720p at 60fps though and it takes quite a bit of power. The benefits of Premiere Pro is that you can use a video card to increase your performance as well! I use to Use I-Movie but the lack of features, shading, and blending pushed me away.

Pilot
    use multiple. there is no one solution, there is "best for doing this specific thing".
    tho, you the most useful workflow without having more than 2 problems would be after effects combined with whatever NLE you choose.

modern video editors are GPU accelerated & benefit from multiple cpu/cores. 4 cores and a baller video card really help. as does having 4mbps+ upload if you "get serious" about putting daily content on the net.

do you mean quality as in artistic quality or quality as in video quality because most of the online video sources are going to kill the quality of your video compared to your edited piece

mmm...

Adobe After Effects unnecessary for standard video editing such as trimming and adding music, it is more for creating custom titles, odd functions, video masking etc... it is an extremely diverse program, it would take a lot of time to master every aspect of AAE

Movie maker by windows is excellent for standard video editing.
    If you're well versed in computers you may try some linux platforms which have really awesome free video editing platforms.

Examples include Cinerela and Kdenlive

Vegas is also an excellemt choice, more options / functions as opposed to the basic windows live movie maker.

Don't forget that a good structure / story also contributes to the film development as well as a good camera, not a Go Pro or any rubish like that, talking about Red cameras.
    You wanna see my what?!!
    Oh... my OSD

Navigator
    Pls excuse my noobishness but "Red" cameras?

Oh there's nothing noob about it. I doubt that many of the people here are aware of them. I was only informed of them by someone who may be a user here. It's not even near my budget of actual usability, this would be like something you buy then gawke at if you're poor haha.

These are the cameras btw.

http://www.red.com/

The main thing I can advise is to plan a story, a plot of your film. Sure you can have some great shots but without something to captivate the audiences' attention well...

Some stunning mountain scenery can be beautiful but play it for 5 mins straight and people may get bored unless they're tripping

That's just my opinion do with it what you wish.
    You wanna see my what?!!
    Oh... my OSD

Quote Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
    do you mean quality as in artistic quality or quality as in video quality because most of the online video sources are going to kill the quality of your video compared to your edited piece
    That is so true, youtube upload kills quality video. I have seen some really HQ vids and its almost like there are bypassing youtube's upload manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast