Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to L-com

Hi

What s your best?? 14 db patch for cp antenne
    We need patch on tracker so need more flex coax

Hi FPV-PLASTICS,

I have an idea what would work best for you. It's a relatively new patch antenna we just added. But I want to check with the tech person before I make a recommendation so I don't steer you wrong. I should have an answer within 24 hours, though.

Do you want me to post in here or do you prefer a PM?

Thanks,
    Dave

Dubble post
    My internet on camping is bad and slow

Rob
    Last edited by FPV-PLASTICS; 6th August 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfallon View Post
    Hi FPV-PLASTICS,

I have an idea what would work best for you. It's a relatively new patch antenna we just added. But I want to check with the tech person before I make a recommendation so I don't steer you wrong. I should have an answer within 24 hours, though.

Thanks,
    Dave
    My email works a lot better here on camping

Quote Originally Posted by dfallon View Post
    Hi FPV-PLASTICS,

Thanks,
    Dave
    I think we'd all like to know...
    "You can't take the sky from me"

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I think we'd all like to know...
    Yes. Sorry������

I like cir patch over helical
    Patch you can sent in envelope
    Better for problems whit tax�� and customs����

Ha! Ok, Flying Monkey! FPV-PLASTICS also said he wanted me to post here. I just didn't want to get too off topic and bore anyone!

I emailed our wireless technician and she said, though she'd need to know what frequency band to be certain, that she thinks you probably could use this antenna:

http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6299

Unfortunately, the best gain that we produce is only 8 dBi, so I'm not sure it would be strong enough for your application.

As for the cable, this particular antenna we make has a short cable already on it (either a 12" with N-female, or a 4 foot with an N-male, RP-SMA plug, RP-TNC plug, or a regular SMA male). Earlier in this thread, Scotttu and Blizard1287 were talking about removing the stock cable, though, and replacing it with whichever one you want. The most recent post about that is here:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post124367

Our custom product person for wireless stuff also said we can custom build antennas with whatever type of cable and connector you want on it. We usually ask for a 10 piece min order for that, but otherwise the price is pretty comparable to if you were to buy the cable and install it yourself.

There are also a bunch of extension cables available that come in various flexibilities here:

http://www.l-com.com/category.aspx?id=15

If you didn't mind an extra loop or two of cable on your setup, you could just put a simple N-male / N-female cable on the end of the cable it comes with to give you a little more flexibility.

Hope that helps! If you absolutely need a 14 dBi, I can do some sourcing for you to see who might have it since we do not. Just let me know!

Thanks,
    Dave

Spearheading an Aliance BravoGolf's Avatar
    Just wanted to say welcome,

I'm in Aspen, Co now but grew up in North Reading, or as I would jokingly say "South Andover". Good to see you here!

Shopping around for a patch, will take another look at your site.

Cheers
    ~BG

Fixed wing: Volantex Ranger 2.4j - Volantex Ranger 2k - Strix Strato Surfer - VAS Banshee - Sky Hunter Grey - Sky Hunter White - Skwalker 1900 - CTH Storm Chaser - CTH Albatross - Diamond 2500 - Super Sky Surfer - Phoenix 2000 - Fun Cub - Sonic 185 - Eflite ascent
    Wings: PopWing - Multiplex Xeno
    Multi-Copters: 400Q - Spanky - PE SS Mini H - GLB spider quad - ATG 750 - Tarot FY680 - V929 - Syma X5C

Hi

You want s to sell world wide antenne s
    In fpv world we need flex coax
    Only sma connector

So it s bad to ask soldering new coax yourself
    Just ad new product fpv patch
    And sell every fpv patch whit flex coax

FPV-Plastics, I bought an l-com from e-bay and Dave sent me two cables with N-connectors - one very stiff but it has potential because it is an extreme low loss capable cable - unfortunately NOT flexible.
    HOWEVER since I am considering getting a TBS Lawmate RX I may just mount a rod straight back and put the RX on teh rod - it may be worth it on this cable!! That would be for LONG range only.
    Normally I fly the l-com 8DBI as it is VERY forgiving with ex tremely wide beams and can go out a LOOOOONG ways...(4 miles so far)

The second was STILL far cry loss-wise from white coax or RG316 - and is flexible and has been tested - I only flew out about 2 miles but the video was crystal clear.

Depends what you want to do - I also put a small tutorial on how to shorten the white coax - on the Antenna side..easy to do.

But, sounds like Dave has something brewing here!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast