Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to L-com

Forum Member

Wink Welcome to L-com

Welcome to the L-com forum on FPVLab.com. L-com, Inc., is a direct manufacturer of high-quality wireless equipment including HyperLink brand antennas, RF amplifiers, weatherproof enclosures, lightning protectors, low-loss coaxial cable assemblies, and lots more, all to help your FPV project be a big success. Visit our website for our Product Wizards, which will help you in finding an RF amplifier, antenna, enclosure, signal splitters, signal filters, and other essential equipment.

Interested in learning more about wireless technology? Visit our free technical resources page with tons of tips and large infographics to help make sense of it all. Also, consider requesting a free print catalog filled with full-color images, tips, tutorials, and glossaries. We will ship it direct to you within about a week. We also have a weekly email newsletter list, if you are interested, or if you don't want to do that yet, we also post all of our past newsletters for you to browse through.

This forum admin is dfallon. Contact him with any questions for a quick answer.

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Welcome!!

Sentry initially pointed me to l-com for my 14dbi, and I noticed my 8dbi was an l-com as well - and it's been bulletproof reliable!

Hoping to get out and do a few more test flights with the 14dbi/cable combo!!
    (Have to get away from the wi-fi interference of society LOL)

FPVLab and l-com is a good combination!!

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Welcome to the Lab. Been using an L-Com 8dbi patch on 900MHz for quite some time now, and it's been quite reliable.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Forum Member
    Thank you for the welcomes Scotttu, aeryck, and Juan! We're excited to be here!

Juan: I will get an engineer here to answer that and will send it in PM if that's OK. Thanks for the question!

Forum Member
    Welcome!
    [QUOTE]"You can't take the sky from me"[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    Thanks! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Forum Member
    Welcome to the lab! First post is full of informative and very useful info. I currently use one of your 2.4ghz 14dbi patch antennas on my setup, works quite well.

While your here Ive always wondered, If i wanted to extend the reach of the cable could I desolder the attached cable from the patch and attach my own of a different length?
    Some fly for attitude, others for altitude

Forum Member
    ^Why not use an extension?

In any case, L-Com antennas were the first I ever used. Memories
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard1287 View Post
    Welcome to the lab! First post is full of informative and very useful info. I currently use one of your 2.4ghz 14dbi patch antennas on my setup, works quite well.

While your here Ive always wondered, If i wanted to extend the reach of the cable could I desolder the attached cable from the patch and attach my own of a different length?
    The cool part about the 14dbi I have is the N connector, you can use any cable.....but now that IBCrazy has mentioned that hmmmmmmmmmmm gives me an idea.

Most of us shorten them I'm sure it would void any warranty but it's been done:

You will need to clean any fingerprints/oil from the brass, I polished mine with some brasso while I had it out.
    This is the 8DBI and I have no idea what the 14dbi looks like inside.
    You'll also need some bathtub caulking/glue to put it back together properly - strip the old caulking off of it.

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard1287 View Post
    Hi Blizzard1287,

I don't see why you couldn't do that, but let me double check to be sure. Is the antenna you are using this one:

http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=41087

Or is it something more like one of these:

http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6693
    http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=22114

I think we custom manufacture them with different cables so it should be doable. I'll see if I can get instructions for it.

IBCrazy: Yeah, an extension cable should work too. Here are some ideas:

http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6492
    http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6501
    http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=6768

Scotttu: That's a cool idea! I'm not sure myself what it does to the warranty, but most of the antennas are made in fairly small batches so they are usually workable (as apposed to something made in the thousands that are usually sealed up pretty good)... Do you shorten them to get better signal integrity between the antenna and the radio, or...?

Dave

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast