FPVLAB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A high gain CP OMNI finally! Parasitic Lindenblad

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    This thread is being used for misinformation... deliberately... which is HIGHLY dishonorable.

Somehow my attachments are gone, too. Not sure how that happened...

In any case, the antenna in this thread wasn't successfully built due to the problems discussed in the thread until I figured it out in January 2017. While I have actually made it work, I'd be a fool to share how I did it (although I did foolishly show Hugo at the NAFPV event 2017). It is for these reasons that I no longer share what I develop and instead patent my work. Some of us hold ourselves to higher standards...

-Alex
    Last edited by IBCrazy; 19th December 2017 at 10:19 AM.
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Perhaps it is time to "air" some dirty laundry. When someone helps me develop something, I compensate them for it. Hugo... well... I guess he feels he doesn't need to. Let me explain:

Anyone remember how my Crosshair antennas were marked "True Aerial"? I figured out how to make a crosshair with a PCB element. Despite the project being mostly my work, I felt bad for Hugo and offered him 50% of my profits.... TO SELL MY OWN DESIGN! I actually have the contract we had between us. The total came to $10,800.

The Triumph was not started by anyone in this thread. In fact, it was a pile of garbage dumped in my lap before this thread. I got a box of stuff delivered to my door From Christoph with a note: "See what you can do with this." This was my first knowledge of a lindenblad... although done wrong... and I redesigned it on my whiteboard in my hallway (no I am not kidding!). Since I sucked with 4NEC2 at the time, I sent my file to Hugo to connect transmission lines because it was giving me all sorts of errors. A working model came back that night. For this work, Hugo struck a deal with me: he wanted to be the Canadian distributor for it to which I agreed... of course, the Canadian market pretty much collapsed a few months later.

Seeing the bad deal Hugo made with me, I re-designed his virevent antenna by laser cutting a copper plate for an element. I sent my files, contacts, everything to Hugo, who also built a few of them. The purpose of doing this was simple: the Triumph was an ace in the hole... and Hugo was about to lose his entire market to it. Thus, I spent several days refining his work so that he wouldn't vanish... yet he never brought it out. Instead, Hugo took the Triumph design and used a computer system to compress it into the smallest possible size. The result was the Axii (singularity). This is of course an original work and I applaud him for it.

Seeing this told me it was my turn to come up with something new. My response: the Ion (and very soon the Minion and the SwitchBlade). These are all higher gain and higher axial ratio than anything out there... They are also a completely new style as I refuse to even come close to cloning someone else's work. Of course, seeing the rampant cloning and absolute lack of morals, I patented those... and a certain someone got a letter form my attorney for patent infringement already.

Some of us hold ourselves to a higher standard. Others put their wallet above their integrity. So my question: Why is the Hoot not a Virevent?

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Shedding light over FPV HugeOne's Avatar
    This thread is being used for misinformation... deliberately... which is HIGHLY dishonorable.
    RMRC linked this thread from their listing of the hoot antenna to explain its origin as a lindenblad. Duno where is the misinformation you speak is. This thread was erased hours after the listing was up, I contacted Sentry to investigate, he put it back. Why was it erased? by who? I do not know.

Somehow my attachments are gone, too. Not sure how that happened...
    Because they where erased from their hosting. For example, when I switched my domain from truerc.net to truerc.ca, my tutorials where gone as I forgot to backup to the new hosting.

In any case, the antenna in this thread wasn't successfully built due to the problems discussed in the thread until I figured it out in January 2017
    It was, my first version of the axii was parasitic, but the driven version could take less space (and be side feed) so I went that way. Still, I included that variation in my patent applied on May 2016.

Anyone remember how my Crosshair antennas were marked "True Aerial"? I figured out how to make a crosshair with a PCB element. Despite the project being mostly my work, I felt bad for Hugo and offered him 50% of my profits.... TO SELL MY OWN DESIGN! I actually have the contract we had between us. The total came to $10,800.
    You sent me your first crosshair PCB as they weren't circular. I carved them to bring peak axial ratio at 5800 and gave you the dimensions. You promised to share profit and send me the final gerber files to make own. I wrote a contract to put the deal on paper, that you never signed, nor I ever seen the gerber, even asking multiples times. You sent me royalties for what you claimed, 400 something antennas, for a period during which I sold over 3000. The deal was just to good to be true. Since I didn't had the crosshair's gerber, I learned gerber design and started from scratch. I went with expensive high frequency laminate and a design tuned for its properties. I called it the X-air and went on my way.

I sent my file to Hugo to connect transmission lines because it was giving me all sorts of errors. A working model came back that night. For this work, Hugo struck a deal with me: he wanted to be the Canadian distributor for it to which I agreed...
    Never heard of that distributor deal, once the triumph was out, you offered dealer prices, same as I could get from TBS. I helped you a lot during the years and you kept promising to share what you had in work with TBS, I believed you. Let's list how I helped you since the beginning:

1-The mad mushroom: You where struggling, sent me a few units and gave you the solution.
    2-The sky hammer: Look at that pic from an original design SH, both cables have the same length. This cause a null on the horizon, so I called you immediately and told you to add a 180deg delay on one of the cable.
    3-Pepperbox: similar thing as the sky hammer, but before it was put to market.
    4-The cyclone: I came up with a neat little way of choking coax imbalance, a single loop in the coax bring enough inductance at 5.8 to keep currents in check. I shared it with you and it found its way in the cyclone.
    5-The triumph: The matching network on the triumph was problematic (and still is) I suggested an alternate micro strips layout that you drawn for 3.3GHz and sent me so I make them into pcbs for testing. "I'll cover the cost of the pcb" you said, I sent PI (twice) for the cost of parts (no work charged), never paid.

of course, the Canadian market pretty much collapsed a few months later
    I must have missed that Canadian drone market collapse.

Seeing the bad deal Hugo made with me, I re-designed his virevent antenna by laser cutting a copper plate for an element. I sent my files, contacts, everything to Hugo, who also built a few of them.
    This was a dead-end, I tried multiples laser shop, laser cutting copper is extremely problematic, nobody but one wanted to do it and they failed taking in a lot of my resources.

Instead, Hugo took the Triumph design and used a computer system to compress it into the smallest possible size. The result was the Axii (singularity). This is of course an original work and I applaud him for it
    If only it was that simple.

Why is the Hoot not a Virevent?
    Because a driven lindenblad can offer good CP, wide bandwidth and be made 100% PCB so more people can afford it. You seem to imply that the hoot is a clone of the triumph, then why the hoot can achieve <1.5:1 from 5 to 6GHz while the triumph struggle to reach 2:1 at any freq.?

I did not attempt to damage your reputation, pls do the same for me, that is unprofessional and defamatory.

I'm really not the type to be part of the drama, but I had enough.

-Hugo

I've gotta be with Hugo on this one, PCB antennas are easy to make if you know how to work with your manufacturer. I do antenna design for our company as part of the system design, and have become quite good at making them. We implemented a proprietary system similar to Connex HD, with our antennas in the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567