FPVLAB

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A high gain CP OMNI finally! Parasitic Lindenblad

Forum Member
    Interesting this same as the triumph

I was wondering about that, did I just witness the birth of the Triumph in this thread?

You guys are amazing.
    Locals Only Brah.

Forum Member
    WOW, time travelling and they bought something back to the future and we are all happy.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial narrow][COLOR=#ff0000]similis vobis fugere eam furatus[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#ff0000][B]![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST][*][URL="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Edith_Sitwell"]Edith Sitwell[/URL] "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."[/LIST]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 33db View Post
    I was wondering about that, did I just witness the birth of the Triumph in this thread?

You guys are amazing.
    Sort of. The truth is that the Triumph was started before this thread was started. However, you do see the early development of it. Note the dates in the posts. Now look at today's date. It took years to get this one working. However, since it is now working, we are indeed all very happy.

That said, apparently HugeOne has a few more tricks up his sleeve and we are looking into some new stuff. I just got a Skype message this morning from him with some prototype designs based on some simulations I was running. Looks like we're back at it again

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
    Interesting this same as the triumph
    Not really. The Triumph is driven directly with a microstip feed. This is a parasitic array on a dipole. Note that the parasitic version, the pole direction is opposite of the Triumph.

I admit I am sad to see the parsitic Lindenblad never become available. I would have very much enjoyed seeing it. However, I think Kondor realized the amount of work it would take to do such a thing and probably decided it was not worth it. While it is unfortunate, I can't say I blame him for stopping the development. Unlike the Triumph which we made deliberatly difficult to copy, a parasitic Lindenblad would not be nearly as difficult and there would be clones in 3 weeks at most.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Well I own a few of your antennas IBcrazy, and thanks, because they make flying much more enjoyable.
    I'm amazed at your guys every time I try to understand the science behind radio and antennas I get boggled.
    Locals Only Brah.

Forum Member
    I remember reading this post 4 years ago and came back and found it tonight after getting a glimpse inside your Triumph! low n behold, I guess Johnnie beat me to it, lol... I'm always blown away by the incredible amount of time and effort that you guys put into so many of these developments and I'm relieved to hear it's a tuff one to duplicate cause that's always shame to see (at least comercially). Can't wait to see what you and Hugo are cooking up! The last masterpiece I got from him took me farther on 5.8 then I ever thought possible! Unfortunately the long range flights are winding-down around here and it's great to see these incredible Omni's rolling out now that we've been tethered Thanks for all the years/creations Alex!!

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Not really. The Triumph is driven directly with a microstip feed. This is a parasitic array on a dipole. Note that the parasitic version, the pole direction is opposite of the Triumph.

I admit I am sad to see the parsitic Lindenblad never become available. I would have very much enjoyed seeing it. However, I think Kondor realized the amount of work it would take to do such a thing and probably decided it was not worth it. While it is unfortunate, I can't say I blame him for stopping the development. Unlike the Triumph which we made deliberatly difficult to copy, a parasitic Lindenblad would not be nearly as difficult and there would be clones in 3 weeks at most.

-Alex

DO NOT REMOVE THIS THREAD --- for issues surrounding this thread contact me.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    DO NOT REMOVE THIS THREAD --- for issues surrounding this thread contact me.
    Thanks for respecting it, I am Tony the owner of FPVLR.COM and the guy who started the thread but have lost my password to the account KONDOR-FPV and the email associated to that account . It's important to note that the Triumph is a bit different than the parasitic Lindenblad I made and that is shown in this thread and that Alex (Ibcrazy) developed the latest design with TBS.
    Last edited by Marcantonio; 12th December 2017 at 06:42 PM.

I have heard from

YOU
    HUGO (had a decent conversation on this topic over the phone)
    RMRC
    TBS

all inquiring about this thread. Please work it out here - or amongst yourselves. You guys know I'm easy and I like things handled with the least amount of drama over here. I created this place bc there was "drama" in other places - and considering our size we do quite well. This is one of the FEW issues we really see over here... I want to keep it that way. If we all need to jump on a call I'm ok mediating as I have no skin in the game. I just want everyone to win... and there is space, I believe, for everyone to win.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast