FPVLAB

Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1221

Thread: ZII: Project Hello Kitty

Navigator
    What a joke. Drumming up all this interest and then never following through with the flight. Disappointing to say the least

Navigator
    Impulse Alien, TBS Disco, Tek Sumo, S800, VAS Wraith, Skysurfer

Sheesh - that thing moves out.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Navigator
    I read through old threads like this with a nostalgia that shouldn't have come so quickly. What has happened to the hobby? No more innovation like this...just bearded vapesters buying whatever falls off the hype train in Bangood....and even that feels like it's slowing down... These were so many great creators and so many great ideas, and bravery to risk trying. Noone was hurt, no harm was done, but an amazing amount was learnt by all. Is it the fear of regulation killing it? The public misinformed hate taking the relaxed nature of it away? I am gutted, we were on an awesome journey with some real talent coming out of the wood work. Anyone else feel the same? It is even very quiet on this forum these days...

Quote Originally Posted by omegooliebird View Post
    I read through old threads like this with a nostalgia that shouldn't have come so quickly. What has happened to the hobby? No more innovation like this...just bearded vapesters buying whatever falls off the hype train in Bangood....and even that feels like it's slowing down... These were so many great creators and so many great ideas, and bravery to risk trying. Noone was hurt, no harm was done, but an amazing amount was learnt by all. Is it the fear of regulation killing it? The public misinformed hate taking the relaxed nature of it away? I am gutted, we were on an awesome journey with some real talent coming out of the wood work. Anyone else feel the same? It is even very quiet on this forum these days...
    I fear it is commonplace in many hobbies nowadays, vaping millennial hipsters that have a desire to vent their (usually misinformed) opinions, crushing much of the desire to continue for most. Just look at social media, everyone, even those with an IQ barely besting their shoe size, feels entitled to an opinion.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    I fear it is commonplace in many hobbies nowadays, vaping millennial hipsters that have a desire to vent their (usually misinformed) opinions, crushing much of the desire to continue for most. Just look at social media, everyone, even those with an IQ barely besting their shoe size, feels entitled to an opinion.
    Are you still developing stuff? Your work and tech was what really opened up the door for me in the early days! I still exclusively run EZUHF in all of my speed-planes. It works amazing, so long as the noise floor is low as with all 433, it is absolutely perfect! It is the worlds fastest FPV control system lol..265mph!

But maybe this year your EZUHF will be tested at nearer 400mph.. Let's hope it works hehehe!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_174358.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	79144  

Yeah - I thought I had a fairly solid idea of the pulse and spirit of this hobby - otherwise I wouldn't have put the effort into creating this place. There was a SERIOUS shift and I don't think it'll ever bounce back. The togetherness/brotherhood has turned into cliques and in-fighting.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Most of the grassroots community feel came from the fact that we were all DIY-ing solutions so that we could video pilot. Now you can fpv with a simple plug and play setup off the store shelf. The novelty, the DIY-ed-ness of it all.. the feeling that we were all pioneers / alchemists / franken-builders has passed.

All these creative industrious minds have been here done dat. They've probably moved onto other amazing new things.

I hear retrofitting ICE cars into electric is some pretty hot shit these days when it comes to DIY culture.

For me personally... bailing on FPV as a hobby was mostly due to living in the big city and getting tired of having to drive an hour each way and beg a farmer for permission to fly in their airspace just to get my fix. Also, drone racing really distilled the FPV hobby down into drone racers and the rest of us. Most of what I liked best was scale warbirds and fixed wings. Drones are cool, but I never found them as fun to fly. Most of my FPV crew either went full-race-drone or left the hobby to pursue other interests.

I miss it like crazy and if I moved to the country I would dive back in and build a huge wing again immediately. But until then.. I'm mostly focused on my own artistic studies and building unreasonably fast ebikes.

all that aside, I thoroughly cherish and hold dear everything I learned through my time in FPV. Electronics, Radio Theory, RC, Aviation.. So much intellectual benefit from my time in this hobby. <3 <3
    Last edited by chicken sashimi; 6th November 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omegooliebird View Post
    Are you still developing stuff? Your work and tech was what really opened up the door for me in the early days! I still exclusively run EZUHF in all of my speed-planes. It works amazing, so long as the noise floor is low as with all 433, it is absolutely perfect! It is the worlds fastest FPV control system lol..265mph!

But maybe this year your EZUHF will be tested at nearer 400mph.. Let's hope it works hehehe!
    That looks fantastic, like a FunJet on steroids! I'm no longer developing stuff for FPV, I sold my shares in ImmersionRC last year and am now working as a professional drone pilot for film and commercials.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Iím still building planes and flying as much as I can and best stuff are wings with ezuhf and a vector. I have a couple of tiny inav planes but I donít really like them that much. I donít really post videos anymore either. I built a 3d printer a couple of years ago and enjoy the hobby but that will probably be regulated in the future as well.

Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast