www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Flashing video with lines through picture on hexacopter

Help! Flashing video with lines through picture on hexacopter

I run into this and thought it was the estracker. But I not sure now, maybe interference through the power wiring. Has anyone else run into this? Flashing and lines in the video but not all the time. I have the OSD wired to the main power connect point and powered from the flight battery. Also at this connection is the NAZA FC and main power for ESC's. It's almost like when the strobe that is part on the BEC for the NAZA is spiking through the power wiring when it fires and I'm seeing that. I tested it with out anything but the Rx and goggles and it's still there, I thought also maybe it was something in the Eagle Eye station or diversity. ????
    Last edited by Rick~K; 18th July 2012 at 01:50 PM.

If your new to R/C Altitude is your Friend!

Sounds like you need to put a filter on your video since your only running 1 battery. Do the lines get worse as you increase throttle?
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

No the throttle don't affect it. Most of the time it's when the tilt on the camera pointing straight ahead. I have a 1100 Lipo on the camera and Tx. Only the OSD and 2nd board is powered at the main power input.

Could be that your tilt servo is in close proximity to the camera or its wires and is throwing interference in the video signal.

I am using a tilt pod from RMRC, I replaced the servo yesterday thinking it may be going bad, I put a Hitec HS-65MG on it. I never had the problem before until I added the OSD. Here is a link to the pod, I'm only using tilt.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=280
    Last edited by Rick~K; 18th July 2012 at 03:57 PM.

I could add a toroid coil to the wire, do you think it would help? What wire the servo or video???
    Also last night I got the OSD and current sensor off the flight battery and now all the video/OSD is on the video battery. I haven't tested this yet in flight, just a power up indoors. But the other way showed up fine sometimes, at times it had to be away from the Rx before it started. I was having a issue where If I tilted the camera 45 deg or straight down it was fine and only flashed straight ahead, it also made the eagle eye alternate back and forth from one Tx to the 2nd Tx when diversity was on but would stop when it tilted.
    Last edited by Rick~K; 18th July 2012 at 04:23 PM.

I flew this evening, I tried moving the servo wire away from video wire, no change. I unplugged flight battery so no power was to anything but video (Tx-camera-OSD-sensor board) so I could check if it was from the copter.... still had flashing. I also could not find GPS sats after almost 5 minutes. I moved the OSD 90deg to how it was mounted and it acquired sats right away, and flicker was a lot less- almost gone. I'm going to relocate all the OSD stuff and see if that gets better. I was trying to keep the OSD away from the Tx since its 1.5w but I'm going to move it to the back. I'll try to post a pic of my set up, as you can see there's not much room. Any input would be great and Thanks to you that have replied.

Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38490697@N07/7600528786/

sorry I couldn't get pic to post right
    Last edited by Rick~K; 18th July 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Laurel, MD between Washington D.C. / Baltimore
    Rick, is this happening when the camera is looking out at the horizon (bright area showing up in the video)? Can you re-create the problem by pointing the camera at a light bulb or a white card?
    Airplanes LIKE to fly : Helicopters WANT to kill you.

I have seen a similare issue many times with AIO goggles and evening flights with camera pointed near the sun. What's your setup so we can help?

Yes if I look at the horizon it happens or tilt backwards it does. Never tilted down. Also when it happens the flashing will cause the diversity through the eagle eye station to switch back and forth rapidly between the 2 Rx's.

Setup is in my sig. 540 camera/ 1.3ghz Tx 1.5w / ezosd and eztracker / 2 Rx through a eagle eye station for diversity/ 1 output to fat shark predators/ 1 to eztracker.
    Last edited by Rick~K; 18th July 2012 at 09:51 PM.