Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Tracker Radio Support. List of supported radio and instructions

I juat got my new FatShark Googles with 5.8 receiver and the optional HT module. I have the HT module installed correctly but pressing the HT button does not beep. I'm using a Futaba T9CAP. The Channel buttons beep, the Volume and HT buttons don't. The radio does power the goggles from the training port. Everything seems ok except the head tracker. Do I need to replace that module? The products came from HK so I'll probably just end up buying a second HT module if that is necessary.

Navigator
    I know with my Futaba 10C I had to set the goggles to use channels 5 and 6, then on the transmitter config in the training menu, set channels 5 and 6 to "Func", then you have to hold the training switch ON so that it accepts the signal from the training port.

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidp View Post
    I juat got my new FatShark Googles with 5.8 receiver and the optional HT module. I have the HT module installed correctly but pressing the HT button does not beep. I'm using a Futaba T9CAP. The Channel buttons beep, the Volume and HT buttons don't. The radio does power the goggles from the training port. Everything seems ok except the head tracker. Do I need to replace that module? The products came from HK so I'll probably just end up buying a second HT module if that is necessary.
    The HT won't beep when pressing the HT reset button. Are you able to enter the menu and hear the menu navigation beep sounds (hold HT button while connecting power).
    If that doesn't work, try re-inserting the module. Its easy for the beeper pins to not align to the socked (2 pins on the front).
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

No beeps when trying to change HT settings, either. I've resocketed the board numerous time by now. I'll check it under the microscope at work tomorrow, too. Just a thought, do I need the "Training" Switch engaged when setting HT settings with navagation beeps? I'm going to order another board today I guess.

Trainer switch doesn't matter. You can enter the navigation menu without the headset attached to anything. Sorry you have to shell out for another board to test but its probably the fastest way to troubleshoot. Just make sure you buy from a vendor that will make it easy to return one of them.

Hello All,

I have a question, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate any comments or advice. Can I use the three pins of the head tracker module to connect my Range link lrs to my head tracker instead of using the 3.5 jack? Or do I have to modify the cable of the 3.5 jack?

Thanks,

Steve S. Naples, Florida

Oooopppsss,

I don't think I explained it well enough, please forgive me, with the three pins I mean the pins that hook up the headtracker module to the Vtx in the aircraft if you are not running the headtracker thru your rc radio. I would like to be able to do that instead of hacking into the 3.5 jack cable instead. I hope that makes it a little clearer what I am trying to do and what I am asking.

Thanks again,

Steve S.

Hi Steve,
    Is this using the Teleporter wireless dongle? Either way you need to tap the PPM line and GND line from the cable. The 3 pins on the dongle are single channel and can only drive a single servo. Any RC radio with trainer channel input or LRS with trainer will be expecting an 8ch PPM stream - which only comes from the 4p DIN connector.

One more question:
    Why when pan/tilt servos are assigned to a pot they move further than when connected to the HT?
    And if the HT is supposed to move 180 degrees servos will it travel the full length?
    I know those are two questions!!
    Cheers,
    Theo
    Μολών λαβέ

Update, I got a second HT board Saturday and it works just fine, which is pretty much what I expected.

Thanks for the support, you don't see a lot of easy customer support these days

David