Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Tracker Radio Support. List of supported radio and instructions

Hi Guys,
    I have New Dominators with headtracker, they looks great.

I am trying to connect headtracker to the Graupner MX-20 Radio, have no idea what cable to use. propably I am going to make my own like JR/Spektrum cable.
    Here is a link to the radio manual:
    http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/fil...20_Manuals.zip

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    On Pg 198 of the Graupner manual you can find the necessary settings. Pupil should be set for ch1, 2, 3, 4 and Teach to 5,6 (assuming default HT setting of ch5/6). Then you have to assign a switch for transferring control (in this case, partial control). Since you are assigning control of 5/6 to the HT, pick a switch that doesn't have the spring loaded momentary control so you can leave it on.
    I see an additional potential issue similar to what happens with the Futaba 14mz and that is your radio is 12 channel and the HT is 8 channel. You need to set the radio into 8ch mode. I can't see from the manual how or even whether this can be done. Maybe you can do a bit of research to figure out how to get the radio into 8ch mode and post your findings here.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    looks like you have the V2 firmware. it performs a lot better with V4. You can contact your retailer to arrange an exchange to V4 for an upgrade fee or if you want to avoid the fee, you can return your goggle through your retailer and have the goggles forwarded back to the factory for upgrade.
    Is the difference between V2 and V4 purely firmware? Is there an easy way for me to update it myself without having to send the goggles in? Or, can the HT, assuming it is a separate module, be removed and sent to you for updating, so I don't lose the goggles for several weeks? Thank you for your consideration!

Only difference is firmware. The f/w is controlled so it can't be released for reprogramming yourself but yes, your HT can be removed and sent in for upgrading. Contact Fat Shark service.

Navigator
    I just received my M.I.G. Headtracker V4 and was going to try and set the center points however, in setup, mine never does 7 short beeps. It goes straight from 6 short beeps to 1 long beep. It doesn't seem to perform as the instructions show. Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Kent

That's correct for the V4 f/w. please see latest menu navigation on 1st page of this thread.

Hitec optic 6. You need the hobbyking ppm signal injector. Should work with flash, lazer and other radios. The included fatshark cable didnt have power/ground on black/red like i expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPX-...e_gdata_player

Last edited by mecevans; 21st October 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Navigator
    How do you setup/program this newest HT module with the EZuhf? I'm using an EZuhf via the trainer port on the Dx8 and am interested in this HT so long as all the issues have been fixed. I don't want the camera wondering or misc. glitches. Thx

plug straight into the ezUHF HT port and open up the ezUHF tools to map the HT channels.

Navigator
    I got the new Fatshark AttitudeSD and was wanting to use it with Futaba 8FG and TSLRS. Was wondeirng if the following would work ?

Head Tracker PPM Out connected to Futaba PPM IN via the trainer port
    Futaba PPM Out connected to TSLRS PPM In again via the Trainer port .

HT>Futaba>TSLRS

Or should it be :
    Futaba>HT>TSLRS ?

Please help ! I would prefer the former, as it would keep the main control PPM within the Tx.