FPVLAB

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Video Flying wing

Forum Member

Range Video Flying wing

Stumbled on this while surfing you tube. Thoughts?

Some fly for attitude, others for altitude

Forum Member
    Saw this the other day, seems cool but his rates are way to high in that video.
    [COLOR=red]FPV is not a crime![/COLOR]

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Forum Member
    Was wondering when discussion of this wing would start here - that P/T dome module looks neat...

Forum Member
    Planning to build one myself, but i think i will be busting me a lotta domes upon 'landing'. Maybe just keep it on ice for when my zephyr goes to fpv heaven
    another friggin lawn dart. love it

Forum Member
    Agreed, but heard the domes were only $3 each...
    Some fly for attitude, others for altitude

Forum Member
    My brother wants one, which means i get to build it/set it up(and fly it). I'll take a bunch of photos etc and tell you what i think along the way!.

That's if he doesn't buy a ZII instead...
    [B][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Håvard Støre [/FONT][/SIZE][/B]: [SIZE=2][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Sir I humbly bow down to your balsa bashing abilities!![/FONT][/COLOR]:)[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana].[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][B]chicken sashimi [/B][/SIZE]: [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]my T-Shirts are all 100% guaranteed to get you laid.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][B]Roberto [/B][/SIZE]: [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]you're a legend Kev. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][B]ssassen [/B][/SIZE]: [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]I bow humbly before kev.au's greatness.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B][SIZE=1]Danub [/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE=1] [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]Sir I humbly bow down to your tree bashing abilities!!.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE=1]MonZon [/SIZE][/B]: [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]Damn, Kev you are gooooood!.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B][SIZE=1]R. Montiel[/SIZE][/B] : [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2]For sure the limiting factor is the earth curvature[/SIZE][/FONT]

Forum Member
    Maybe some clear film applied to the dome would help. They do that to house windows here to increase hurricane protection.

Forum Member
    Domes in the front of models such as this and Foamaroo etc does get damaged a lot. Measures has been taken to avoid damage such as the skid etc which would protect it when landing on harder surfaces. However no skid would help against hard grass that make inevitable scratches on nose mounted domes after awhile. Because of this the domes should be inexpensive and be very easily replaced. The dome is fastened using a smart screw lock that also makes it possible to rotate the dome in 90°-increments. This means that if you usually look down and get a scratch in your most often used FOV then you can rotate the dome so the scratch (hopefully) goes outside your FOV. Or you could just use the foam nose instead of the PT.

Also, as can be seen in the video (the newer prototype) launching is very easy compared to many other wings (~1:35 in the video), especially if the wing extensions are used. The first wing that is launched in that video is a very early prototype and quite heavy. If someone doesn't want to throw the skid has an integrated bungee hook.
    Last edited by boopidoo; 17th July 2012 at 04:19 AM.

Forum Member
    That is really cool looking, I like the wing fences near the root instead of the tips, I bet it would be less prone to the infamous 'yaw wobble' that other flying wings have.
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Forum Member
    A cool flight by kajakmannen of the still flying second prototype of the RV-wing.

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast