ReadyMadeRC!

Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: FinwingHobby Universeye Penguin Review/Build/Discussion Thread - ReadyMadeRC.com

very good looking model, very good to see different and variety

Honestly, given the choice between this, the gigantic Sky Surfer and the Bixler2, I'd probably go with this. Not only does it seem FAR better constructed and equipped than either of the others, the fact that is is totally purpose-built for FPV (would look strange without the FPV equipment) really sells it. Yes, at $199 and $239 it is a bit more pricey than the Bix2 and it is smaller than the big Sky Surfer, but with RMRC backing it I frankly have more trust in it being both high quality AND reliable. That's worth saving up some extra pennies for.

I'll have to start saving now, but I'm sold. This will be my next FPV plane.

Navigator
    Hi there all,
    well I have followed this thread from day 1 and I am going to nail my colors to the mast, this will be my first FPV plane, I love the fact that it is purpose built for the job,not a rehash of a motor glider. I hope Tim at RMRC will mentor me a bit as to what to get for it as I think based on the feedback I have seen, I will use him exclusively for this my first FPV.
    all the best to all,
    Richard.

New video from today:

Instructor Pilot
    McCleary, that's a nice vid. Must have done some tweaking already to get such a solid link?

Nice vid McCleary. I am insanely jealous already. Cannot wait until this is available. Hey, did you ever test out the GoPro with case in it?

Quote Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
    McCleary, that's a nice vid. Must have done some tweaking already to get such a solid link?
    I am running a 1.3 800mw tx with the stock linear antenna and an 8dbi optimized patch (receiver has SAW filter). No tweaking done by myself, only from RMRC. I just threw it on the plane and went. I have gone about 3.5 miles with it and just turned around because I got bored. I'm sure I could push it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    Nice vid McCleary. I am insanely jealous already. Cannot wait until this is available. Hey, did you ever test out the GoPro with case in it?
    Yes, it is a very fun plane to fly! No, I haven't gotten around to trying the GoPro case inside the canopy yet. To do that, I would need to uninstall my pan/tilt module, so I'm a little reluctant. I do see a problem with leaving the case on, however. If you are not using a GoPro remote control, it will not be easy to push the buttons to operate it. I had a hard enough time operating the camera without the case on by sticking my fingers up through the openening.

Quote Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
    Yes, it is a very fun plane to fly! No, I haven't gotten around to trying the GoPro case inside the canopy yet. To do that, I would need to uninstall my pan/tilt module, so I'm a little reluctant. I do see a problem with leaving the case on, however. If you are not using a GoPro remote control, it will not be easy to push the buttons to operate it. I had a hard enough time operating the camera without the case on by sticking my fingers up through the openening.
    Have any pics with the pan / tilt mechanism on the penguin?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
    Have any pics with the pan / tilt mechanism on the penguin?

Chris
    Let me see if I have one on my phone and I will upload it. Not at home right now.