ReadyMadeRC!

Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 2136

Thread: FinwingHobby Universeye Penguin Review/Build/Discussion Thread - ReadyMadeRC.com

  1. #11
    bonafidepirate Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,267
    Nice! I've been looking forward to this one.
    AKA Bonafidepirate

  2. #12
    Navigator toughpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by twainmanbg View Post
    Hi there,
    I see it is now on the Finwing page in readymadeRC's website,but no dates as yet. Question, roughly how wide is the cockpit/canopy area as it looks huge, and is yours still performing well?
    cheers,
    Richard.
    They discussed the Canopy size at here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1644072&page=9

    The airplane's "belly" is big!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canopysize.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	13289  

  3. #13
    Instructor Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SE Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,144
    Prices online, but nothing listed as in stock yet

    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...ndex&cPath=101

  4. #14
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    25
    Are you getting any distortion from having the camera inside the cockpit?

    Is the canopy hard enough so the GoPro can survive a crash without the waterproof housing? I don't care about the canopy breaking, but I do care about my GoPro.

  5. #15
    Just dog tired. Wearyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Posts
    2,101
    OMG!!! Want want want waaaaaaant! Curse you lack of funds! *dramatic fist shake*

    FPV - The World is My Airfield

  6. #16
    RMRC McCleary.11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoP View Post
    Are you getting any distortion from having the camera inside the cockpit?

    Is the canopy hard enough so the GoPro can survive a crash without the waterproof housing? I don't care about the canopy breaking, but I do care about my GoPro.
    Yes, as you can see in my videos, there is a bit of distortion towards the bottom of the canopy. I don't really notice it in the goggles though. It is possible that they are improved on the full production model, but we will have to see when they arrive. I don't think your GoPro is any more vulnerable on the Penguin than any other model. Its all in how you mount/protect it and the trade off for gained weight.

  7. #17
    Just dog tired. Wearyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
    Yes, as you can see in my videos, there is a bit of distortion towards the bottom of the canopy. I don't really notice it in the goggles though. It is possible that they are improved on the full production model, but we will have to see when they arrive. I don't think your GoPro is any more vulnerable on the Penguin than any other model. Its all in how you mount/protect it and the trade off for gained weight.
    It looks like there is more than enough room to mount the GoPro in it's case inside the canopy anyway.

  8. #18
    Just dog tired. Wearyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Posts
    2,101
    Oh, and in case anyone is interested, here is the manufacturers website: finwinghobby.com

  9. #19
    Instructor Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SE Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,144
    I almost want to wreck my GoPro HD (1), it's an excuse to buy the new one. They were selling for $199 at a racetrack I went to 2 weeks back, but I couldn't bring myself to replace one that still works perfect and has been over 200mph.

  10. #20
    RMRC McCleary.11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    It looks like there is more than enough room to mount the GoPro in it's case inside the canopy anyway.
    I haven't tried to mount it, but I will see if its possible to fit the Gopro inside the canopy with its case and post a picture tonight.

Similar Threads

  1. Mictronics Skywalker Build Thread
    By Mictronics in forum PILOT'S LAB
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 14th January 2015, 03:32 PM
  2. Skywalker build thread..
    By Greedz in forum PILOT'S LAB
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th May 2013, 08:44 AM
  3. Another Zephyr II Build thread !
    By gauravag in forum IFR - Video Link Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17th May 2012, 11:39 AM
  4. Not another Scout Bee build thread!
    By Flylite in forum FIXED WING
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st December 2011, 07:18 AM
  5. Derek_S Skywalker Build Thread
    By Derek_S in forum PILOT'S LAB
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 26th July 2011, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •