Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: scout bee 60

Banned

scout bee 60

Hi everyone! Quick question... i ordered the scout bee 60 and was looking what would be a decent setup for mid to long range.. i will be getting fpv later on but not sure what i should do till then.. one of the requirements would be to order everything from one site any ideas? thinking of getting a futaba 6ch for it as well.. any help will be appreciated.

Forum Member

Beginner Questions - Read & Ask here about starting with FPV

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this but I couldn't find a questions forum.

Basically I am interested in getting into FPV and am looking for a complete kit to get started.

I like the look of the TBS Discovery starter kit (I am in the city so rotors for the moment) however I have a couple of questions.

Is the discovery easy to fly for a beginner? I have only flown gyro copters

What is the range of the 5.8 video that comes with the Discovery starter kit

Is the kit easy to upgrade for more range? I am in Australia so 5.8, 2.4 and UHF are available.

Will the GPS RTH on video or control signal loss?

Any recommendations you could give me on starting out? Books, documents etc

Any other kits I should look at?

I have an electronics background so I am not worried about set up the kits.

Thanks for you time guys, it is much appreciated!

Forum Member
    Also I have about $2000 to spend, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok - 1st start will be the PILOT TRAINING thread : http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....TO-FPV-SUCCESS
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Forum Member
    Hey mate, I have read most of the written stuff but I have yet to watch the YouTube videos however, I am basically wondering if the TSB Discovery starter kit is a good place to start crawling.

Choppers are best for me where I am at the moment but I couldn't find a kit that I know works for a good price with room to move.

Forum Member
    $2000 is not starting crawling...

Forum Member
    I couldn't find any quads with fpv kits for cheaper than that, obviously I would love to send less but I thought that was relatively cheap for a full fpv setup including aircraft, RC etc. I am in Australia aswell so everything has shipping.

Sorry if you guys are sick of these threads, I am sure you get a lot of them.

I find I learn more through hands on than reading so I was interested in buying a kit that i know works, is good quality and there is room to upgrade.

Forum Member
    Not saying that I am not going to read anything, quite the opposite. What I mean is I would learn a lot from constructing the kit and setting up the FPV knowing that the kit works if done properly.

If anyone has an alternative that is cheaper that would be fantastic! I know that I will probably break some stuff while i learn I am sure.
    Last edited by spangers; 18th March 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Forum Member
    I found this kit, http://multirotoruk.co.uk/DJI-F450-F...-set-00004.htm. Has anyone had any experiences with these guys? Would this be a good starting set?

Also those videos in the Beginner sticky are excellent! I am going to go on YouTube later and like them all.
    Last edited by spangers; 19th March 2013 at 01:50 AM.

Forum Member
    you really gotta read where sentry pointed you, watch as many vids as you can, then you'll be able to start making informed decisions.

Every starter set is going to be good or bad depending on where you live, your local RF area, your flying experience, etc.

read read read, watch watch watch

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast