Plenty of room out here man!
    Mongrel Gear Australia
    TBS Distributor - Down Under.
    Http://www.mongrelgear.com.au
    Come and join us on FaceBook. http://www.facebook.com/mongrelgearaustralia
    FPVLab http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdispla...Gear-Australia

So you coming for a fly Sunday morning?
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

I'll take that as a yes then??

9am at the field, 8:30 at the Bonner shops for coffee if you like.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Hi gguys can somebody help me out with what glue I can use for epo? I've built 2 planes before but only used the glue provided. I am about to start building a skyhunter and I don't have hobby shops nearby. Does bunnings have anything? I spent ages reading the packets in bumming and then called selleys who 1. Never heard of epo. And 2 advised I use a water base product?
    ive purchased Tarzan grip extra bond that I've used to repair my bixler but that stuff is messy. I also bought quick grip contact adhesive by sellers, but reading the pkt it says for indoor use only.
    I've read some old forums where people were buying a UHU product? But there's nothing in bunning s of that name.
    i saw a good skyhunter build online where he was using a contact adhesive but as usual all the product names are different.
    can anyone suggest a easily obtained product that will be good for my build?
    cheers in advance

UHU Por will work, designed for Depron but will work on EPO, SIKA Bond Urethane glue will also work (Bunnings) but be aware it will expand when curing. Foam Safe CA from your local hobby shop will too.

Link for UHU Por
    https://www.tradewarehouse.com.au/uhu-por-polystyrene-foam-safe-model-glue.html

Similar is UHU Creativ from Spotlight, but they are not so good at keeping up stock levels.

Talking Thanks heppy ket

Quote Originally Posted by Heppy Ket View Post
    UHU Por will work, designed for Depron but will work on EPO, SIKA Bond Urethane glue will also work (Bunnings) but be aware it will expand when curing. Foam Safe CA from your local hobby shop will too.

Link for UHU Por
    https://www.tradewarehouse.com.au/uhu-por-polystyrene-foam-safe-model-glue.html
    At
    Similar is UHU Creativ from Spotlight, but they are not so good at keeping up stock levels.

Cheers for that info heppy ket. I will take the selleys quick grip back to binning s and try and find the UHF por somewhere else. Worse case ill order online. I might keep the Tarzan grip extra bond as it must be a similar product to the sika brand as it also foams up with water activation.
    thanks again
    regards
    biggles

double post, sorry...

I mostly use contact adhesive for my EPO foamies as I have a stock of different types. I have Welders which I bought from the US, and an unbranded white tube from HK. Both are fine. In a pinch though if I didnít have either of those Iíd just use regular CA. You donít need foam safe CA for EPO, and I know that many have used it to build Síhunters. One method that many advocate is to spray a mist of kicker on one side of the joint, apply CA to the other side and bring them together. That goes off way too fast for me, so I just prefer to apply the CA to one side and let it dry by itself. The only disadvantage of CA is that the joint can be much stiffer than the surrounding foam. Contact adhesive stays flexible which helps in a crash.

Whatever you do, donít use epoxy as youíll add a lot of useless weight, and neither epoxy nor PU glues work well on virginal EPO unless you really rough up the surface first. These glues never form a chemical bond with EPO, only a mechanical one.

Subsonic

Cheers subsonic

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    I mostly use contact adhesive for my EPO foamies as I have a stock of different types. I have Welders which I bought from the US, and an unbranded white tube from HK. Both are fine. In a pinch though if I didnít have either of those Iíd just use regular CA. You donít need foam safe CA for EPO, and I know that many have used it to build Síhunters. One method that many advocate is to spray a mist of kicker on one side of the joint, apply CA to the other side and bring them together. That goes off way too fast for me, so I just prefer to apply the CA to one side and let it dry by itself. The only disadvantage of CA is that the joint can be much stiffer than the surrounding foam. Contact adhesive stays flexible which helps in a crash.

Whatever you do, donít use epoxy as youíll add a lot of useless weight, and neither epoxy nor PU glues work well on virginal EPO unless you really rough up the surface first. These glues never form a chemical bond with EPO, only a mechanical one.

Subsonic
    Thanks subsonic binning a has heaps of different CA glues so I guess most will do if they are all mechanical bonds. The rep from selleys steered me away from ca's that had chemical washup but water based might dissolve if I fly when it's wet! So ill use a CA even if it has a chemical wash. Ill be sure to scuff the foam up and might do the toothpick holes also.
    Thanks for that info as this plane I will be putting a lot of $$$ into and want it to be right.
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Thanks subsonic binning a has heaps of different CA glues so I guess most will do if they are all mechanical bonds. The rep from selleys steered me away from ca's that had chemical washup but water based might dissolve if I fly when it's wet! So ill use a CA even if it has a chemical wash. Ill be sure to scuff the foam up and might do the toothpick holes also.
    Thanks for that info as this plane I will be putting a lot of $$$ into and want it to be right.
    thanks again
    No, you need to rethink it. A chemical bond is what you want. If you have a mechanical bond, you are just relying on the physical presence of the glue in the little cracks and scratches to hold it together. A chemical bond changes the properties of the foam at the glue joint and literally fuses the parts together.

Regarding "washup" with CA, there is no such thing. One does not simply "wash" CA off anything, and water based glues like WBPU do not dissolve in water when they are cured. I think your Selleys rep is spending too much time reading the MSDS rather than actually building model aircraft with the stuff. :-)

Whatever you use, if it's not a known hobby product for the purpose, make sure you do a little test area first, just to make sure it will hold and set up as you want it too.

Sub