FPVLAB

Thread: Regulations in Scandinavian countries?

Forum Member

Question Regulations in Scandinavian countries?

Dear Fellows,

Can someone please tell me ( or provide me with a link to) regulations concerning RC flying and/or FPV flying in particular in the Scandinavian countries?
    This summer I plan to bring my FPV gear with me on my holiday and I will spend some time in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
    My RC gear is a standard DX8 @ 2.4GHz ( eu ) and my FPV gear is a 200Mw set @ 5.8GHz.

YT,
    Arthur.

Forum Member
    Can only speak for norway's rules. In general anything that lifts a camera above ground requires a license from the National security authority. (http://lovdata.no/for/sf/fo/xo-19970106-0003.html - it's in norwegian). So standing on your feet and jumping to take photos are illegal by definition :-) You can apply for a licenses if you want to be legal. 2.4/5.8MHz 10mw is the limit as well on vtx. But nobody will arrest you if you don't follow the rules provided you don't fly around people and buildings. Lots of nice scenary up here in the north to do FPV of.

Forum Member
    Thx thnilsen. I guess my 5.8GHz 200Mw's won't be a problem then.

Forum Member
    Do you know from where in Denmark you are going til fly ?

You are allowed to fly FPV, but only with a spotter on your side and not any further than you spotter can see the plane with his eyes and take control of it. You are not allowed to fly about 100 meters and you can max transmit with 10mw.

Most of us transmit with more than 10mw, fly long range and above 100 meter.