FPVLAB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FPV Safety Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
    Thanks.

I think that might be too much into the weeds...They fall more in the realm of "procedures" which we use to adhere to the "guidelines". Again, check out how the FAA handles balloons and rockets.

That said, here are my checklists, used since 2006, which include inspections.
    I like that!
    I was also thinking about it from a maintenance standpoint also. I recently took my apart one of my video receivers to install a saw filter and found corrosion on the circuit board. I've been used it well over a year and never had it apart. Had I not wanted to swap filters, I never would've found that. Could've been a distaster waiting to happen. Since then I went over every circuit board, plug, and motor in all my equipment looking for corrosion, dust, dirt, etc. Flying regular RC at LOS only I wouldn't even bother but with all that money flying high and away I learned to be a little more meticulous when checking things out!
    Instrument flying is an unnatural act probably punishable by God. Gordon Baxter

Quote Originally Posted by Hucker View Post
    I like the idea of being explicit on airspace e.g. your plane shall remain clear of B/C/D airspace.

This forces FPV pilots that fly higher and farther to look at a sectional on line or ask for help on airspace. You can adde the restricted/prohibited too but staying out of B/C/D is very important.
    Indeed. Edited.
    Thanks for your input!
    Below average guy doing average work

Quote Originally Posted by Drednox View Post
    I like that!
    I was also thinking about it from a maintenance standpoint also. I recently took my apart one of my video receivers to install a saw filter and found corrosion on the circuit board. I've been used it well over a year and never had it apart. Had I not wanted to swap filters, I never would've found that. Could've been a distaster waiting to happen. Since then I went over every circuit board, plug, and motor in all my equipment looking for corrosion, dust, dirt, etc. Flying regular RC at LOS only I wouldn't even bother but with all that money flying high and away I learned to be a little more meticulous when checking things out!
    Best to find out something is about to fail on the ground than have it fail in flight...
    Below average guy doing average work

Absolutely! It reminded me of when I was in the army, out in the field, if I was having a hard time getting reception from my radio the first thing we did was use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on the antenna plugs. 9 times out of 10 it worked. I could imagine what a little oxidation on an sma connector could do to your video or RC signal.
    Instrument flying is an unnatural act probably punishable by God. Gordon Baxter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234