Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DJI Naza GPS

Co-Pilot
    I have the Naza w/GPS and a Spektrum AR8000 transceiver with telemetry.. the problem is the ends from the Naza.. they are tabbed and do not fit into the transciever (ar8000) shave them?

no where for tab... easy to trim plug, just makin sure...
    Last edited by RandallJ; 18th December 2012 at 11:44 PM.

RandallJ

Thats fine. I end up trimming most of mine so they work in either JR/Spectrum or Futaba receivers.

Navigator
    Yep, you have to shave them.
    Or, you can a buy a new set of male-to-male short servo extensions (with JR style connectors) or long ones like this.

Navigator

DJI Assistant and Windows 8

I cannot get the drivers to load on my Dell XPS running Windows 8. Am I the only one that has this problem? I have DJI's Assistant running on Windows XP no problem. But cannot the drivers to load. Also I have run the 64 bit installation program from DJI still no luck. Please pm me if you have a work-around...

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by WU5C View Post
    I cannot get the drivers to load on my Dell XPS running Windows 8. Am I the only one that has this problem? I have DJI's Assistant running on Windows XP no problem. But cannot the drivers to load. Also I have run the 64 bit installation program from DJI still no luck. Please pm me if you have a work-around...
    You may want to try "compatibility" mode.. Could very well be that they are not up to speed with all incantations of W8 yet..
    Installing from safe mode or a "clean boot" sometimes will stop a pesky service that is interfering with the install..
    Last edited by RandallJ; 20th December 2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Poke it with a fork.. done...

Navigator

Windows 8

Thanks Randall;
    I will give that a try. We are closed for Christmas and won't get back into the shop until late next week. However I will try your suggestions and hope for good luck. Merry Christmas, and thanks for helping me with this bug...jp

Instructor Pilot
    I run the DJI assistance on my win8 Acer computer. I think the app actually runs on Java, try to update your Java version.

Instructor Pilot
    Problem is they aren't signed drivers and its a pain on windows 8.

If you search for "how to install unsigned drivers windows 8" that should point you in the right direction.

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Problem is they aren't signed drivers and its a pain on windows 8.

If you search for "how to install unsigned drivers windows 8" that should point you in the right direction.
    +1..
    I have not taken on W8 (most of my clients are reluctant go hit W7 with XP so stable for them)
    Poke it with a fork.. done...

Navigator
    Thanks again guys for your valuable input, I run in the MAC world and not in the Windows atmosphere. So I'm not too up to date with the windows platform, but have a shop Dell that is running XP which as you state is a very stable platform. Indeed it is. Heck I might even go in the weekend and see if I can get the Assistant software drivers installed. Again thanks for the help.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast