Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "not as cool as yours" Ground Station

Nope. Its aluminum. Just looks like Galvi in the pics cause I put a brushed swirl texture on it. Looks like the inside of a fancy elevator now Lol.

I just got a sweet blue led voltage monitor but dont know if its really necessary. I think I may just make a wye harness and run a couple batteries in parallel so I can add or swap one when the beeper goes off. Watcha guys thunk?

Banned
    Looks like the inside of a fancy elevator now Lol.
    Hahaha!!!

I think I may just make a wye harness and run a couple batteries in parallel so I can add or swap one when the beeper goes off. Watcha guys thunk?
    Thats a MUST!! Ive almost loose a plane beacause low bat in my ground station...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BELADOG View Post
    Nope. Its aluminum. Just looks like Galvi in the pics cause I put a brushed swirl texture on it. Looks like the inside of a fancy elevator now Lol.

I just got a sweet blue led voltage monitor but dont know if its really necessary. I think I may just make a wye harness and run a couple batteries in parallel so I can add or swap one when the beeper goes off. Watcha guys thunk?
    The ImmersionRC PowerBox does a nice job of balancing power across two batts. It has a buzzer as well which goes off when one of the two batts goes below the V threshold.

Nice build, im going to add the EE gear to my GS. Does it look an easy job to remove the original RCA sockets to hardwire them instead ?

I did not remove them. I left the EE perfectly stock. I just wired leads to the solder pads on the bottom side of the board. The pins for the rca plugs go through the board (Its pretty obvious to locate them just by looking at it). There is a ground, video and Audio for each of the two inputs and four outputs. I used a common ground (just one wire) for all of the A/V and then ran leads for the audio and video signals from each in/out port. I will have it apart in a few days and will take some shots for you but it is really really simple.

Cheers, its not the connections that bother me though, thats fine, i want to remove the connectors to make the whole board a lot smaller i was wondering how easy they would be to take off

Oh, Super easy.

Cool thanks, so whats the whole GS come in weight wise ?

The box is half the weight of the components inside. Though it's Allum and lighter than Plexi/Lexan its still substantial.
    2.0Lbs less batts but still pan-tiltable if you wanted to mount a patch or Yaggi to it and pan/tilt the whole thing. I may actually do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12