Thread: Sony Effio-P Camera

Navigator

Sony Effio-P Camera

I'm interested in getting a 700TVL Effio-P cam from SC2000. I've done a bit of reading and watching videos of people that have them, but still can't make my mind up.

Who owns one and has something good/bad to say? There are also lots to choose from on SC2000, feel free to link a specific one. It's going on a Tricopter.

Thanks,

Tom.

Who I am^^ Stuff I Say>> Reverand Blue Chip's Avatar
    I have one but have not used it yet. The "Come in and share your experience with SC2000" thread may be a better place to go.

I fly with the PZ0420 now and LOVE it. It's not the most durable thing I have ever used - but it certainly works great. They just don't like nose in crashes on my small wings.
    "He who turns himself into a beast gets rid of the pain of being a man. I became the God Damn Honey Badger." Visit me on YouTube "BlueChipFPV"

Navigator
    I own three SC2000 Efiio-P 700TVL. Unfortunately I am unable to get decent in-air performance from them so I do not fly them anymore. The PZ0420 (Sony 600TVL) works much better for me and is cheaper. If you want something even better try the Pixim Seawolf (PZ0512). And if you want to go even mor high end you may want to look at the TBS 69 (which is also a Pixim Seawolf but smaller and with better colors than what you get from the SC2000)

Edit: Here is my report about effio-p in the sc2000 thread. If you scroll to the top you can see that even SC2000 does not recommend the Effio-P for FPV right now.

I have one and I finally got the colors correct. You have to adjust the Hue and Gain on Area's 1 and 2. By default, you adjust Area 1 and the colors come out brownish, just like the video's show. The best way to adjust the cam is to go to a garden or park where there ARE different shades of green, browns, and other colors. I used my 9" monitor hooked directly to the camera to zero in on the colors. Go to higher ground if possible and look down on them, then make the adjustments.

The adjustments are in there, it's just not obvious like in the other cams.

Navigator
    Cheers for the feedback guys. The TBS 69 looks the best in terms of picture based on what I've seen. But for the price its a no go.

I might start thinking about a SC2000 pixim instead, as long as the IR filters are fixed. Not sure how good they are in low light though...

The PZ-0420 is very good at night / dusk. If you need more - get the $12 6mm night lense for it. Screws into the body in about 4 seconds and is ready to go.
    "He who turns himself into a beast gets rid of the pain of being a man. I became the God Damn Honey Badger." Visit me on YouTube "BlueChipFPV"

Navigator

Well I can't stop hearing about them being value and great quality. About to order a PZ0420 with 2.8mm lens.

You won't be unhappy.