Thread: 3 Pos Switch (aux1+aux2+RTH test) and Guardian on Knob is it possible

Navigator

3 Pos Switch (aux1+aux2+RTH test) and Guardian on Knob is it possible

I would like to use RTH test by switching and sapareted channel for Guardian gain. AFAIK, if i use Aux2 for gurdian gain control, i couldnt use 3 pos switch for RTH test. Any solution?.

Navigator
    Do not use the switch for testing RTH. Setup a low throttle value for failsafe and use the throttle trim to bring it down during flight to engage failsafe. Its all there in the manual, just read through it a few times and you will get it !

Instructor Pilot
    the throttle trim method mention above is the best solution...

you want to activate RTH, just close the throttle and trim back. Depending on your controller you can change the amount a single trim blip changes the trim too, so it takes less time to trim back (assuming electronic trims, if you have mechanical trim then it's no problem). On my futaba 10C I changed it to the max so it only takes a couple of blips to reach full back trim position - you can activate RTH then in a very short amount of time.

Navigator
    Correct and to exit the RTH mode, just trim up.Do a few tests on the ground with the motor disc, just to make sure you can reliably enter and exit RTH

Navigator
    I use a single switch to make the throttle go low enough to RTH Activate.

Instructor Pilot
    That's a nice way to do it, but be sure to set your controller to warn you if the switch is in the wrong position when you switch it on, especially if you have enables low alt RTH.

For me it's too easy to inadvertently activate RTH that way. On my DX6i I made a bailout switch for my skookum as a big red pushbutton switch, perhaps you could do the same here to make inadvertent activation less likely... If you have it as a non-latching push to make you can just push and hold while manually activating RTH.