Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My best eBay find EVER !!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zytrahus View Post
    I probably miss your picture in the thread - I only saw the PDF you linked a few days ago and it was a different for sure - is yours the same as in the PDF?
    It is indeed, yes. My is 15" rather than 12", but there's acres of space inside. The board in mine would easily have fitted in a 12" unit.

Forum Member
    Hi Ian,
    just did a little more tests with it and I don't see any input selection in the OSD/menu. I will open it up and take some pictures for you guys but my hopes to find a composite input are now limited =/
    I've got a Composite -> VGA converter - no other fpv gear with me here at work hopefully I can still test if it blues screen or not. Also, do you remember where you posted the settings to deactivate blue screens? I just went through this thread a second time and couldn't see your instructions.

thanks

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
    Yours might even have the same TFT controller board in as mine. If it does, go into the OSD and find the "DPMS ENABLED / DPMS DISABLED" option and make sure it is set to "DISABLED".

Also, find the video input options and manually set it to PAL or NTSC (which ever one you're using), and not "AUTO"

Setting both these as described will ensure it never blue screens.
    ok found it - well no DPMS option anywhere in mind - went through the whole menu and extended menu.. no luck

edit: btw mine is drawing 3A which is nice
    Last edited by zytrahus; 24th September 2014 at 05:40 PM.

Forum Member
    Resurrecting this useful thread. I have RMRC 1.3 VTx and VRx. Looking at a mil spec bright monitor. Great info here!

Kindly let us know if you found a RCA > VGA converter that was blue screen resistant! What make/model?

The surplus monitor that I am buying has three options for video inputs as follows:
    A. composite NTSC (BNC connector) and
    B. SVGA (like computer connector) and
    C. S-Video (DIN type connector)

Which route is least likely to blue screen? Do I need a simple connector adapter or a converter?

Thanks, Paul
    Last edited by pchaplo; 10th April 2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: details on monitor input types

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pchaplo View Post
    Resurrecting this useful thread. I have RMRC 1.3 VTx and VRx. Looking at a mil spec bright monitor. Great info here!

Kindly let us know if you found a RCA > VGA converter that was blue screen resistant! What make/model?

The surplus monitor that I am buying has three options for video inputs as follows:
    A. composite NTSC (BNC connector) and
    B. SVGA (like computer connector) and
    C. S-Video (DIN type connector)

Which route is least likely to blue screen? Do I need a simple connector adapter or a converter?

Thanks, Paul
    Blue screen occurs when the monitor loses signal, ideally it wouldn't matter what connector you use as it's the rx that's going to stop sending signal and cause the blue screen.
    [I]“Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    [I]- [/I]Alejandro Jodorowsky

[/I]Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    Blue screen occurs when the monitor loses signal, ideally it wouldn't matter what connector you use as it's the rx that's going to stop sending signal and cause the blue screen.
    Right. Now adapter but converters may be an issue. In any cas e I found that all I needis a RCA to BNC adapter.

Forum Member
    Right. Now adapter but converters may be an issue. In any cas e I found that all I needis a RCA to BNC adapter.
    Ahh so you mean something converting one signal to another, my apologies I didn't get that.
    [I]“Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    [I]- [/I]Alejandro Jodorowsky

[/I]Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    Ahh so you mean something converting one signal to another, my apologies I didn't get that.
    Yes that was my concern -- turns out that a signal converter is not needed. I took a gamble on the surplus monitor could be a boat anchor or a great find. I will report back soon as it is being shipped now. Thanks for explaining as I am very much on the learning curve and learning lots!

Forum Member
    Yes that was my concern -- turns out that a signal converter is not needed. I took a gamble on the surplus monitor could be a boat anchor or a great find. I will report back soon as it is being shipped now. Thanks for explaining as I am very much on the learning curve and learning lots!
    So what about your monitor? Did you get it to work without an adaptor? And what is the name of the monitor?

Forum Member
    My 1st FPV setup continues to be my favorite.
    I bought a new 20" LED TV from Wal Mart (whopping $80) and hung it on a Targus tripod ($30) (also from Wal Mart).
    My original consensus was that it was cheaper than goggles, and my buddies could also watch the goings on...as I was trying to draw interest in my fledgling activity in late 2013.
    I used an RMRC 1.3ghz video link (the receiver mounted on the top of a 10 foot telescoping mast I fabricated, with feedline running down to the RCA composite input of TV)
    It was wildly successful, with little if any glitches in operations.
    The little TV had a 12v power option of course, so everything on the ground was fed from a deep cycle marine battery, regulated with a homebrew regulator with a couple auxiliary voltage feeds like a 5v and a 3v terminal (never used the 3v)...
    Not sure exactly how I tweeked it to fit my preferences, but I did minimize any blue screen / blank screen issues with the varied and nested options built into the TV's OS shell.

These days I adopted use of Portable transport containers used for stage equipment/electronics or musical instruments (Roadie cases) the have metal edging and really kickasss quality roller wheels that roll freely on grass. These things encase all my ground station gear, monitors (I still avoid goggles, though I will want some someday), antenna masts, battery, and also some aircraft... and they are airport-worthy ... samsonite gorrilla proof... drop out back of C-130 on low pass Rugged...6 inches of closed and open cell foam lining walls... you get the picture.... gonna get pics on hand next round, none with me here.

Now that FAA is really wrangling some real world regs for commercial users, gonna rest on the part 333 waiver crap in favor of fast-tracking a solid certificate/rating for commercial...
    then, These cases I mention will really gain some positive traction for the effort... as showing up for 'any' type of event (fun flying to a commercial gig) will have a nice presence of professional/mil spec approach.
    I would suggest keeping an eye out for these type of equipment cases, if you run across some going for way under value like I did. Buying them new or used from parties that know and value their worth will be pricey. Got mine from stage company (roadie group) that throws a bunch of stuff out each year...(scratch and dented stuff) into dumpster... and had brother who worked for them scrounge them from compactor after work (with their blessing, of course)
    Anyhoo, let my enthusiasm run crazy a bit I guess...
    Ahhh
    Last edited by CircuitBurner; 26th July 2016 at 07:50 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678