Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My best eBay find EVER !!

Cor blimey, guv'nor!

My best eBay find EVER !!

I just wanted to share with you my latest eBay find/purchase - I'm a very lucky boy! I'm still feeling rather smug with myself, so I just had to share (sorry!)

What you see below is a 15" monitor of the following specs...

• 15" 4:3 (1280x1024 native resolution panel)
    • VGA, composite video and S-video input
    • Waterproof (it's designed to have a bucket of water thrown at it with force)
    • 12V operation
    • 1600 nit backlight - designed for perfect viewing, outdoors, in bright sunlight
    • Anti-reflective front screen
    • Displays perfectly though static - does NOT blue screen.

Errr, for those who fly by monitor, or want a monitor for spectators (my requirement) does it get any better !? Sadly, I think this is a one-off though, but if you find another, GRAB IT !!

Basically, this monitor was designed for use on the open deck of a yacht. Money no object. How much did I pay for it? 130 / $200

Thank you for allowing me to share - I'm now off to do a little jig.

Nice find! Any indications of a brand name or something similar on the back or inside?

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Who makes it and where can I find one?

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Noooooooo - those are just cheap, disposable 12V monitors - this thing is in a COMPLETELY different league. It weights 5 kgs, has a thick 4MM aluminium casing and along with cockroaches, probably one of the only things that could survive a nuclear explosion. This thing means business.

It's a very low volume, high cost device made by AutoNav. Inside is a Sharp TFT panel with a DigitalView SVP-1280 TFT controller and a high-power back-light inverter. All waterproof. You can natually adjust the brightness, but at full wack it pulls 5A / 60W. It's a lot - but manageable.

http://www.autonav.com/html/anav6201.htm

http://www.digitalview.com/media/bro...0-brochure.pdf

It's akin to the device below, which is only 10.4", not as bright at 1200 nits, lower-res and the seller claims costs $3500 new!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150810904527

Maybe here you can found those also : http://smallpc.com/lcd-hb.php
    Ian you are a lucky guy for sure!!! Congratulations on your purchase! Cost is thousand of Euro/Dollar!!!
    Last edited by Martinba77; 8th May 2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Learning by doing...

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinba77 View Post
    Maybe here you can found those also : http://smallpc.com/lcd-hb.php
    Ian you are a lucky guy for sure!!! Congratulations on your purchase! Cost is thousand of Euro/Dollar!!!
    Yup, I'm a very lucky boy!

On that site that I post before there is a "cheap" alternative and looks pretty good Model SED070HB, the first one listed.

I mean "cheap" for the quality of course, lots of features and very high end finished or finishing or wathever that word is spelled. Sorry my english is no "good quality".
    Learning by doing...

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinba77 View Post
    On that site that I post before there is a "cheap" alternative and looks pretty good Model SED070HB, the first one listed.

I mean "cheap" for the quality of course, lots of features and very high end finished or finishing or wathever that word is spelled. Sorry my english is no "good quality".
    Your english is great

What could be of interest to others looking for FPV monitors though, is that this one has a setting within its OSD menu - "DPMS ENABLED / DPMS DISABLED".

DPMS is basically a power management/saving feature, BUT with DPMS "ENABLED", it blue screens with static, with DPMS "DISABLED" it doesn't.

Therefore, it's just worth keeping a look out for any DPMS menu settings/options on any monitor you're considering.

Fantastic finding!!! Please, could you post some photos of it working under sunlight?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast