www.immersionrc.com

Thread: iTelemetry issues

iTelemetry issues

Is anyone else using the iTelemetry app for the iPhone? The GPS data from my EZOSD is correct, but the GPS data sent to the iPhone is not correct. The pilot long/lat is -80.39 and 27.26 but the iTelemetry data has long/lat of -3162.29 and -27.27.
    I am also only getting .csv files versus .kml files to use in Google Earth. Could there be something wrong with the cable from the VRx to the iPhone? Plus, the good packets to bad packets on the last flight was 56 good and 26,000 bad. I have no idea how to resolve this.

Immersion RC 5.8GHz 600mW VTx
    Fatshark 5.8GHz VRx
    EZOSD
    iPhone 4S
    Last edited by StevPrin; 6th May 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Try spinning off the plastic sheath revealing the small attenuator dial and adjust it carefully watching the packet level and the level bar and see if that helps.

Keep their heads wingin' Superevan's Avatar
    Couple of things to check: are you using the correct iPhone cable such as the one RMRC sells? Is your volume level spiking into the upper end of the red zone in the phone? How is your video picture? If your video picture is no good then the accompanying audio that carries the telemetry will be no good.

Last thing, do you have a case on your iPhone 4s? The plug on the cord from RMRC is wide and won't connect all the way in with a case in the way.

I purchased my cable from RMRC. The volume level does not spike into the upper red zone; it typically stays in the lower 1/4 of the green band but my video flickers quite a bit. I have two FPV flights and the plane was always maintained LOS with the VRx. The iPhone does have a case and I did remove the cover to ensure the plug fit completely in.

If my next flights telemetry data is not any better, then I'll try taking the sheath off to adjust the pot.

Here is the link to my last flight.

There should be a modem sound! Here example.

[QUOTE=dikenc;93160]There should be a modem sound! Here example.

I get that exact sound. I found that I had my CL antenna on the VRx and the Skew Planar on the VTx. I'm not sure if that degraded my signal enough to cause an issue b/c I had a lot of static even at close range. I haven't tested it since I switched antennas.

CaliDave, I found that my audio levels were too low. I unscrewed the sheath covering the 3.5mm audio connector that plugs into the iPhone/iPad. There was a small potentiometer inside which allowed me to adjust the audio level to the point that it fell within boundaries. Thanks.