ReadyMadeRC!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM READY MADE RC, LLC

Navigator

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM READY MADE RC, LLC

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM READY MADE RC, LLC

Ready Made RC, LLC is pleased to announce an exclusive new group of products that will add some major flexibility to the frequency usage for FPV systems. For years, the 1.3GHz band has offered great performance for our FPV systems, including great range and a low likelihood of interference problems, for people around the world. The one drawback of this frequency band has been that many areas of the world have been limited to only one channel that is legal to use*, 1280MHz. This has prevented us from flying alongside our friends if they happen to be using the same frequency band, and also limited us in the event that a local interference source happened to be using the 1280MHz band.

Things have now changed!

Ready Made RC, LLC is happy to announce that, as of today, we are releasing a new line of 1.2-1.3GHz transmitters and receivers, now offering 1258MHz as an available legal frequency* for US, Canada, and many other countries. A new line of transmitters operating at 200mW, 400mW, 800mW, 1000mW, 1500mW, and 2500mW is now available, with additional new transmitters and receivers arriving in the next month.

Matching new custom receivers are also available, which not only offer the additional new frequency of 1258MHz, but also include some other frequencies that match other manufacturer’s equipment previously not supported. Even more exciting, the new receivers have additional filtering added that significantly increases their resistance to UHF signals from long range radios. The modules in these receivers have also been shown to be 5dB more sensitive than the popular Comtech modules, more than doubling the theoretical range of your system!

Additional Details:
    Transmitter Frequencies:
    US Version: 1258MHz, 1280MHz
    International Version: 1080MHz, 1120MHz, 1160MHz, 1258MHz, 1280MHz

Receiver Frequencies:
    910MHz, 980MHz, 1010MHz, 1040MHz, 1080MHz, 1100MHz, 1120MHz, 1140 MHz, 1160MHz, 1200MHz, 1240MHz, 1258MHz, 1280MHz, 1320MHz, 1360MHz

See these sections of the Ready Made RC, LLC web page for the transmitter and receiver product listings:
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...cPath=11_30_38
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...cPath=11_34_44
    These items are a Ready Made RC, LLC exclusive. We’re always working hard to offer only the best equipment and to give our customers what they need to have a great experience.

Thanks to all our previous loyal customers, and new customers, and we hope to continue to offer more new and exciting products to all of you!

If you have questions, send us a message through our support ticket system at support.readymaderc.com, or send us an email at support@support.readymaderc.com

Sincerely,
    Tim Stanfield
    President, Ready Made RC, LLC

*Amateur radio license required to operate legally in the US, Canada, and most other countries.

Nice to have more choices! I've never seen vTxs that went up to 2500mw. From what I can gather in the USA the highest we can legally go is 1500mw with a tech license or otherwise, is that correct?
    KF7TRU, youtube.com/user/wildwill1970/videos, Skywalker 1680mm, RMRC 400mW 1280mhz vTx, Dragonlink V1, MFD ATT, Crosshair GSA 1280mhz

Navigator
    It's been a while since I looked, but I'm pretty the max power is WAY higher than that. It wouldn't surprise me if it's 1500W, not mW.

I think you're right.

US Amateur Transmitter Power Limits
    At all times, transmitter power must be the minimum necessary to carry out the desired communications. Unless otherwise noted, the maximum power output is 1500 watts PEP. Novice/Technicians are limited to 200 watts PEP on HF bands. Geographical power restrictions apply to the 70 cm, 33 cm and 23 cm bands; see The FCC Rule Book for details.

23 Centimeters
    Novice class:

1270-1295 MHz: CW, phone, Image, MCW, RTTY/Data (maximum power, 5 watts PEP)

All Amateurs except Novices:

1240-1300 MHz: CW, Phone, Image, MCW, RTTY/Data
    Last edited by WildWill; 3rd May 2012 at 05:07 PM.
    KF7TRU, youtube.com/user/wildwill1970/videos, Skywalker 1680mm, RMRC 400mW 1280mhz vTx, Dragonlink V1, MFD ATT, Crosshair GSA 1280mhz

Navigator
    Yep, just found it myself to verify.

http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations

Hey guys,

I have been flying these for Tim for a couple months now and I really love them! I have flown on 1258Mhz with other people on 1280Mhz in the air at the same time and it worked flawlessly. You do have to be a little careful not to bring the other frequency vtx too close to the ground station, but that's it.

I like them all, but I've even pushed that 200mW unit out 3.2 Miles with great video still using the stock whip on the vtx and an 8dbi patch. It seems to run cool and is a great little unit. I highly recommend that one for your smaller planes. The 400 and 800 mW units are excellent too and will get you a ton of range for your medium sized planes. The 1W and 1500mW units work great too! They have a lot of power and are for those aspiring for super long range and need to punch through objects.

-Pat

Navigator
    Great news Tim! Nice work.

I will hopefully get a better formation flight video this weekend, here is one of the ones that I have. My OSD had a loose ground connection causing it to flicker, that's why I don't like this video.

Backstory: I went to my local flying field to do some more testing, set up my ground station and "what the heck"....someone else was on 1280 flying their plane about a mile and a half from where I was. I went and talked to him then decided to fly over there and say what's up. He was flying with a 1W vtx on 1280, and I was on 1258 using the 800mW unit at the time. Both recordings are from my ground-station.

First I need to apologize for my recent absence... I haven't been active in the FPV scene for a few weeks at least. That said, here's my thoughts on this new gear...

I too was lucky enough to be chosen to test the new stuff, and put it through it's paces. In doing so, it became obvious that the gear performs great! Not only does it open up another legal channel for us, but the gear performs quite well. The receivers are really sensitive! They were not happy with UHF gear at first, but further testing showed that extra filtering would take care of that, and it did. I've flown this stuff exclusively with a Dragon Link UHF nearby the receiver/antenna. This extra sensitivity in the receivers means long range on lower power! I've pushed the 200mW vTX out a few miles at less than 400ft. using the stock transmitter antenna and an 8dbi patch that was tuned for 1280. (close enough I guess... ) I flew out over 3 miles with the 400mW transmitter using stock antennas on both ends! That impressed me. I haven't had a chance to push the gear to it's limits, but I'm not sure I want to either... I'm already pushing close to the edge of my "comfort zone" on the 200mW transmitter! HA

Anyway, what this all means for me, is that I get to use a frequency that's much cleaner than any other one I've tried in my area, but using the smaller transmitters is proving to have less negative effects on the GPS and UHF receivers onboard the planes. It's a win/win for me.

Here's some videos I've got that were flown during testing, I just never mentioned the fact that they were flown with the new gear so as not to spill the beans early. Enjoy!

AKA Bonafidepirate

Navigator
    Tim,

Are you going to make these products available in the 1.3 package? If so, I'm ready to place my order.

Thanks!