Page 45 of 427 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Quote Originally Posted by M'ck'y View Post
    I don't see enough performance info on the dji 2212 motors except on the photos from the masters themselves. I thought everyone would want them?low kv, No prop adapters required. They look small compared to those not using them. (patiently waiting for delayed order)
    Your looking at 120 watt motors. a flamewheel hovers at around 140-160 watts for all four on them, but as soon as it gets windy the thing wobbles and after about 25mph wind, doesn't make headway in atti. With 2814 motors, same props, same battery, quad run 600-700 watts in atti, moves out 45 mph, and in wind is a monster to be dealt with. still makes headway, gets more stable in wind than it is without. They have the right amount of power when the quad wants it. in a fpv scenario, more watts available the better. These still hover 120-130 watts on 4s and 9x5 props. is what i've ran since the first trip away from home trying to fpv. have had the kit you want to buy since it was released. i usually carry a 3000 4s pack on top and a 1800 4s pack inside and get 16-17 minute flights if it's not too windy and i try keeping the watts on the 300-400 side when moving forward.

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brush...v-suppo-2814-8

the 30 amp opto dji esc's are good. the naza great. the arms, bitchen on trappys frame

this is them on a similar frame, same weights, first punchout was in atti, full throttle, second was manual at over 700 watts

vid made with it

i guess if you were into slow speed keepin it close fpv a 22mm motor would work. the 2217 would be better suited. i've had great luck with suppo brand

EDIT: one other thing, the 2212 come from the factory with the shafts loctited to the bearings so there totally unserviceable. $40 ea, can't swap bearings, prop shaft is permanent one shot the motors done, etc. Theres more bad things about em than good
    Last edited by kloner; 28th June 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: remembered more

Alot of members talk about DJI arms and dont like them, my brother just trade me his stock Goodluckbuy DJI clone, it has sunnysky motors and 9x5 3 blade props, the flight controller is a FreeFlight, i just installed my rx, did not calibrate anything and took it outside to try, i have been flying quads for about a year (maybe 60 flights) and can say that these arms are very stable, more stable than my X-525 with the same flight controller, so i am sure it will be a blast on the TBS Discovery

ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

thanks for this info kloner. We are going the Enthlapy route to offer a 2nd motor system. We have just posted a pretty big order at RCTimer. Or so we thought. They seemed very unimpressed and said it would take 1 day for delivey. Haven't heard from them in 2 days so that's a good sign. I feared that if they made 3-digit figure order motors in 1 day the quality may not be that good HK ESCs are also en route, we'll flash them and offer a "White Llama Motor System" pretty soon.

Bakchos, with DJI it's like with ImmersionRC, TBS or other popular brands. Some people hate them, some people love them. If you look at it neutrally probably everything is good, with some small benefits here and some small downsides there.

my discovery made safe and sound. looked like somebody went through it though. everything was unpackaged from it's wrappers, spend 6 days in customs

Whats the best place to grab power for the uhf rx? everything off my board with core installed is 12v. am flying naza and it has a bec,,,,,, whats the best way?

It is tough to beat these arms at $5 a pop

The rctimer motors are alot like the suppo. that sounds like a killer little package. I'm coming back for a camera and another core for my zII. Whats the wait times for the tbs 69 and a core? better to just hold off till your caught up?
    Last edited by kloner; 29th June 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Trappy, is my frame shipped ?

is it shipped from far far away from Canada ?
    ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

Quote Originally Posted by kloner View Post
    my discovery made safe and sound. looked like somebody went through it though. everything was unpackaged from it's wrappers, spend 6 days in customs

Whats the best place to grab power for the uhf rx? everything off my board with core installed is 12v. am flying naza and it has a bec,,,,,, whats the best way?

It is tough to beat these arms at $5 a pop

The rctimer motors are alot like the suppo. that sounds like a killer little package. I'm coming back for a camera and another core for my zII. Whats the wait times for the tbs 69 and a core? better to just hold off till your caught up?
    Wait time right now for the TBS CORE is 2 weeks. Will be at "instant shipping" for quite some time after we've caught up with the pending orders.

The power for the EzUHF is supplied automatically. You just need to hook up the NAZA properly, it will come from the MPU or whatever that thing with the LED is called. You can connect that to any of the available solder pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakchos View Post
    Trappy, is my frame shipped ?

is it shipped from far far away from Canada ?
    Yeah the kingdom of Far Far Away is the current HQ for TBS. We're protected by Shrek and Donkey is our chief financial advisor For shipping information please refer a few posts back the shipping schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post

Yeah the kingdom of Far Far Away is the current HQ for TBS. We're protected by Shrek and Donkey is our chief financial advisor For shipping information please refer a few posts back the shipping schedule.
    No problem Trappy, i did check schedule but after that you said this "oh. did you order yesterday? in that case it should get shipped today or tomorrow."
    So we are now tomorrow i am not pushing, just asking because i feel like a kid before xmas !!
    ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

oh, right. Sorry. It should have been shipped ... but our shipping guy is currently a little overwhelmed. As is our post office. Maybe he shipped it and hasn't marked it in the city yet. If it didn't ship today it should get shipped Monday. Sorry about the delays.

Have been practicing quads for quite a bit today. Got about 10 flights in without damage, then broke 2 graupner props in a high speed dive going between two trees (or should I say "through" them? ) been having a lot of fun with the tourists around here.

Name:  vlcsnap-2012-06-29-23h25m33s28.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  20.9 KB
    Name:  vlcsnap-2012-06-29-23h26m14s104.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  19.8 KB
    Last edited by Trappy; 29th June 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Received mine in FL. Building tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
    Received mine in FL. Building tonight.
    picture/video's or it didn't happen !!
    ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com