Page 21 of 427 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Hey trappy. I'd we ordered the arms also does it come with those screws?

well DJI just said they're not selling those to us - we're scouting for some to include on short notice and we're having some custom ones made right now. the custom ones won't make it here to pre-order, it usually takes about 6 weeks for them to arrive.

worst case they won't be black. but we will include some.

Thank you sir.

I just placed my order for the Discovery frame. I'm moving the gear from another spider frame over to this one, should be painless and quick. Can't wait to try it out! Already have the wiring done, so don't need the TBS core for this one, although I was half tempted to order one anyway and redo the wiring... just for kicks.

Navigator
    I have been playing with the aerosim to develop some multicopter skills. What will bee the behaviour of this copter? its like a Gaui or more like microkopter?

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH2112 View Post
    I just placed my order for the Discovery frame. I'm moving the gear from another spider frame over to this one, should be painless and quick. Can't wait to try it out! Already have the wiring done, so don't need the TBS core for this one, although I was half tempted to order one anyway and redo the wiring... just for kicks.
    hehe the real benefit of the CORE is that you get a primitive OSD to boot

Quote Originally Posted by filipinto View Post
    I have been playing with the aerosim to develop some multicopter skills. What will bee the behaviour of this copter? its like a Gaui or more like microkopter?
    I'd say more like a TRex 450 without 3D capability depends on the flight control though.

Hey guys did i mention i really like this frame ?? Anywho those of you who are intrested in these Spyder frame comparisons I have ran across here you go: http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/10...quad-thoughts/

BTW I think i have some foam you maybe intrested in I will get you details when i ge back from my trip. Im leaving in like an hour or so should be back Mon. Maybe i get some nice videos of the discovery in action as i feel i sorted out majority of the bugs:P BTW anyone who still has thier deans/XT60 soldered on their plate, please do your self a favor and put a 1-2 inch wire then the deans.
    youtube.com/nue3nthlapy vimeo.com/enthlapy

don't be shy on the details Enthlapy hoping you enjoy your trip. just ordered a bunch of very promising vibe-reducing materials that we may ship with the frame. well, the one that works anyway. the mounting option with the direct solder connection was a BETA idea, we quickly threw that one out the door and the final version is no longer like that

PS: (**) is fixed, I think, in the final version. at least I haven't seen any props in view.
    Last edited by Trappy; 24th May 2012 at 12:53 PM.

what do we gotta do to get the shield added to pre-orders? I want it all

if you are ordering now the Option is available in the shop. If you already ordered we'll send out a mail a few days before we ship.