Page 328 of 427 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

TBS 30A ESC, i think its a factory soldering problem, maybe ...

Pilot
    I found out during just playing with the ESC's in my hands that the bullet connectors are terribly soldered onto the boards. At the minimum I'd suggest reflowing the solder and applying more to keep them on there or after setup maybe soldering the wires directly.

Sadly it makes me question the other parts of the quad that need a little bit of TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
    I found out during just playing with the ESC's in my hands that the bullet connectors are terribly soldered onto the boards. At the minimum I'd suggest reflowing the solder and applying more to keep them on there or after setup maybe soldering the wires directly.

Sadly it makes me question the other parts of the quad that need a little bit of TLC.
    Maybe remove the bullet connectors and solder cables in there?

Quote Originally Posted by MoRaLeSD View Post
    Maybe remove the bullet connectors and solder cables in there?
    +1 for the wires.

Bullet soldered to the esc is for show only !
    smoke and mirrors !
    ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

we're reinforcing the bullets on a demo run. should make its way into production in around 4 weeks if successful.

What does "reinforcing" them indicate as far as the connector itself Or is the reinforcement within the cable where it mates with the connector?

I personally doubled the hearshrink around my contacts to keep the wires solid/straight

we don't have wires. the bullets are soldered directly to the ESCs. this connection is now being reinforced to avoid them coming loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird1500 View Post
    Heres a pic of my burn out TBS ESC, you have to reinforce the solder on bullets
    Ain't that the truth. I found two loose bullet connectors on one ESC today, and that's after maybe a 10 flights. I was able to get those reconnected without removing much of the shrink wrap. I also squeezed some hot glue in there to keep them from moving around.

Navigator
    @WiseDuck: What FC do you use? Your turns are so precise, I want them too! If you use the NAZA, please give us a short view to your setup and your Gain-Settings! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iee168 View Post
    @WiseDuck: What FC do you use? Your turns are so precise, I want them too! If you use the NAZA, please give us a short view to your setup and your Gain-Settings! Thanks!!
    Thanks! I guess it's all in the thumbs. I know I can do better though.. Maybe I'll head out soon and record a video where I try to keep it as smooth as possible. Maybe tomorrow, I still need to replace the broken arm and make sure the motor is still OK. I also need to make a new antenna...

Anyhow, I use Naza. As for my setup, it really is nothing special. I've used this FC so much for FPV flying that I've gotten used to how it feels. There is a bit of a difference between Naza and my MWC boards, but the MWC boards I have are usually tuned to be very aggressive.

My TBS is full of stock DJI gear. DJI 2212 920kv motors, DJI Opto ESCs (Used to have 30A Simonk ESCs on it, they've been moved to a different quad. It performs well enough with these, altho I do get some strange oscillations when I climb with 70% throttle or more.) 10x5 Graupner props. I run everything on 4S, for me this is a MUST since it does not have enough lift on 3S to be safe.

My gains are 150/150/150/100. I've used these gains for as long as I can remember. Even on my F450 and F550. ATTI gain has always been 100 for me, even on a fully loaded F550 (Camera + cheapo gimbal and a 4000mah 3S lipo) it seems to hold the altitude just fine, +- 20cm or so, no matter what. Why people play with this setting, I don't know...

But like I said, it's in the thumbs for the most part. I use very gentle movement and some expo on the sticks. -40 on the rudder to make it more sensitive, 40 on pitch, roll and throttle I think.
    Last edited by WiseDuck; 10th December 2012 at 09:07 AM.