Page 326 of 427 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Quote Originally Posted by hover View Post
    It depends on the Lipo. 3.75V @ 4s = 15V.
    My lipo drops very fast below 15V and stays for around 4 minutes between 15V and 14V. When my lipo reaches 14,2V I can slowely land and everything is fine. Using this lipos since a 3/4 year.
    i was telling you what I land at because you asked. I realize it differs greatly, and posted a graph earlier to show this

Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
    AFinegan, how do u find the disco flys with the Slofly props? Ive got 9" thin e right now, pretty good on the tbs 900 motors... mine are tigers but identical
    It flies really nice, I really need to post some videos of the copter flying around, it spools up incredibly smooth and has good power. (terabyte keeps going, "damn that thing flys smooth and quiet"). I havent tried any other props so I need to compare one of these days on how it flys with slowflys and the other type (e props). I have stuck with apc props from my airplane days (they worked so well for planes). turnigy F30A with simonk, sunnysky 2216-12 800kv + 10 X 4.7 slowfly APC's

It hovers in 0 wind at 14.2 amps (with a 0.8amp led,transmitter, receiver,FC) which I think is really efficient, flies about 14.2 minutes just hovering on a regular blue turnigy 4000mah 4s battery. I might switch to nano's though (batteries are about 2 years old now).

I had a small crash but I think that was due to a TON of wind and being in attitude mode (it just wouldn't level back out again without a lot of authority on my controller - pretty scary), aside from landing right away, next time the wind does that to me, im switching to rate, rate should fix my issue (just have to be more careful).

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFrag View Post
    I don't have a multimeter. Moved to my own place last week and haven't gotten one for myself yet...
    Ill look for the schematic give me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jamison816 View Post
    Ill look for the schematic give me a bit.
    I looked for it but no luck honestly it's simple and the best way to prove it to yourself the wires are correct go get a 5$ test light from Walmart you'll need it anyway trust me.

Navigator
    multimeter is essential, check power outputs before connecting equipment (you never know when a voltage regulator goes crazy, not often but it can happen). Also doing conductivity check between plus and minus, make sure your not shorting somewhere.

I redid the firmware on my turnigy F30A esc's and put simonk on them, but then I re-heatshrinked them, the shrink slid the heatsink forward and shorted the motor bullets (I soldiered the bullets tbs style), wasn't a pretty site, special smoke came out - battery got really hot fast, ruined the 3s battery I was testing with. I check everything now as I go along with the builds lol

Live and learn hehe

Went to the store and picked up a multimeter. Got the wire soldered and it all works fine.

However I noticed that there is continuity on the discovery pads between the GND and the AUDIO. Is that supposed to be that way? Doesn't matter for my case, I don't use audio anyway, just found it odd. Checked everything and I can't find any wires soldered badly or touching :S

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFrag View Post
    Went to the store and picked up a multimeter. Got the wire soldered and it all works fine.

However I noticed that there is continuity on the discovery pads between the GND and the AUDIO. Is that supposed to be that way? Doesn't matter for my case, I don't use audio anyway, just found it odd. Checked everything and I can't find any wires soldered badly or touching :S
    Is that with the vtx connected or disconnected?
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> https://www.youtube.com/FPVFLYER

Disconnected, just the wire inserted into the tbs, but not inserted into the vtx. Same thing with the pads...

If you don't get an answer before I get home I will check mine for continuity.

tbs battery = fullymax battery?
    because i get some pretty close results
    youtube/hadriez